• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SmokeEater829

89 Bronco 2 For Sale

I'm selling my 89 Bronco 2 4x4. Asking $5000 obo. It was my hunting camp truck. I joined a new club and have no need for it anymore. I purchased the truck in Dec 2011. Since then it was a hobby/project. Engine and transmission both replaced in 2012. The engine came from Jasper engines and the...
  2. SmokeEater829

Looking for factory wheels

Hey guys, I'm looking for 2 15" deer hoof wheels. The ones from the 93-97 model years with the small holes between the deer hoofs. Any suggestions? I've already hit my local pull a part yard and found 2, trying to find 2 more. Craigslist has only turned up 14" wheels. Thanks in advance for any...
  3. SmokeEater829

Scored another B2....for now!!!

Just scored an 88 Eddie Bauer B2 4x4. Guy I bought it from claims that it ran great until a few months ago when he pushed the clutch in, heard a pop and cracking noise, then the truck wouldn't turn over. Looked at it and saw that the clutch switch was cracked into pieces and the rod was bent and...
  4. SmokeEater829

What years have interchangeable body parts?

I'm sure I'll get flamed for asking this, but I figured it would be easier to ask. Will the doors or rear hatch from an 85 B2 fit my 89 B2? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I wanted to check.
  5. SmokeEater829

Snow, ice, and a slightly Modded B2

Finishing up the end of my deer season with some rough weather for my area. I know snow and ice is common for some of y'all, but to an New Orleans local hunting in South Mississippi it's not a commonplace for me. Nothing special, just thought it looked cool.
  6. SmokeEater829

89 B2 just died

Need help from you guys figuring out my problem. My Bronco died on me while driving the other day. It is an 89 with the 2.9l, manual tranny, auto t-case. Reman tranny and engine installed last year. Less than 1000 miles on them. Truck only gets used during hunting season. Other than that it...
  7. SmokeEater829

Weekend project

I'll be starting some fab work on my B2 tomorrow. Some front bumper, receiver hitch, winch mount work up front. Also picked up a set of the 58" Trail Gear Rock Sliders. Will be fitting them as well. I'll post pics of the progress as I can. But I'll give y'all some idea of what I'm going to do on...
  8. SmokeEater829

B2 lift kit questions

The B2 that I bought already had a lift kit installed, but I'm not sure of the brand or size. I think it's a skyjacker kit because the springs have skyjacker on them. The rear of the truck has lift blocks. I had measured the blocks at one time, and I think they were 3.5 inches. The reason I'm...
  9. SmokeEater829

Headliner replacement with pics

It's back in. It was A LOT of work, but overall I think it was worth it. What do y'all think?
  10. SmokeEater829

I am now a dad.

Get used to missing sleep! But your life has just changed for the best! My wife and I had our first in November. Took about 3 months for him to sleep thru the night. If you want any advice just let me know. Here is my future little helper / wheeling buddy! Congrats to you and your family...
  11. SmokeEater829

Final shot before it goes back into the truck.
  12. SmokeEater829

Fuel filler hose

Dropped the tank today to get access to the rear body mounts that I'm replacing. Found that my filler hose is SHOT! The inner hose appears to be ok, haven't really looked at it. But the outer hose is deteriorated bad. What can I use to replace it? Nobody has a replacement that I can find. I was...
  13. SmokeEater829

Last coat of filler has been sanded. Never realized this was gonna be such a big job. And maybe I'm putting too much into it. But tomorrow should bring foam and material. Here is a pic after skimming and sanding. All smoothed out now!
  14. SmokeEater829

While I'm at it I decided to pull the armrest thing from under the rear windows and recover them too. I think they turned out pretty good. Just sitting in place, not installed yet.
  15. SmokeEater829

Glassed the back of the headliner, then flipped it over removed the foam and realized just how bad the board was. Went ahead a lay a thick coat of resin to the foam side of the board. It hardened extremely well. Today I'm going to bondo a few bad areas and sand the whole thing down smooth. Then...
  16. SmokeEater829

Body bushing mounting hardware

I just received my body bushing kit from James Duff. I knew it didn't come with the required hardware. And none of my factory hardware will be reusable. I'm planning on getting all new 1/2" bolts, locknuts, and washers to install with. My question is go I need to put a sleeve inside the...
  17. SmokeEater829

As I continue to get my 89 B2 up to the way I want it, I decided to do something about the hollow tin can sound when closing the doors or rear hatch. Pulled the old headliner, added sound deadening material, and will be replacing the headliner in the next few days. Pulling the old one out was...
  18. SmokeEater829

Hit the junkyard today

Spent about 4 hours this morning at the local Pull A Part. Got a new passenger side seat track. Mine was rusted to pieces. Picked up a set of front seats from a 99 Explorer and they bolted right onto my seat tracks. Also got a manual shift BW 1350 t-case with floor plate, shifter, and boot...
  19. SmokeEater829

89 B2 4x4.....My work in progress

About a year and a half ago I bought my B2. It is primarily going to be a hunting rig, but will occasionally see some mudding /trail riding. Since I got it, I've been slowly getting it fixed up. Bought it with a bad tranny. Swapped in a rebuilt FM146. Then the front oil seal let go. The motor...
  20. SmokeEater829

Time to regear

I've been on the forum for a while learning about the B2 I picked up about a year and a half ago. It's an 88 4x4. The previous owner had done the axle swaps before I got it. It has a Dana 35 front and an 8.8 rear. Since I've gotten it, I've dropped in a reman 2.9L, rebuilt FM 146 tranny, and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad