• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. kryptonitecb

Anybody ever use a Sterling 10.25?

Still unless you know how to calculate force moments on the work done it's best to keep the loads to the stock limitations. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  2. kryptonitecb

The axle alone won't allow you to haul more. The frame and suspension dictate that. However as light as a ranger is putting an HD axle under it should allow you to beat it on the trails without second thoughts. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  3. kryptonitecb

Starting my sas swap. Have questions

If you have to weld perches etc already just go ahead and move the suspension mounts to suit your needs. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  4. kryptonitecb

It's big, heavy, and most likely will never break. I'm doing a 14 bolt myself and it is just as big and heavy. My vote is go big and beat it for years without a second thought. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  5. kryptonitecb

Starting my sas swap. Have questions

People should be far enough back that debri launched from tires will not harm or endanger there vehicle. I leave a rooster tail every time it rains and I drive my ranger. Drivers behind me change there driving habits to match or risk rear ending me which is an automatic at fault in Texas. I...
  6. kryptonitecb

NY Legal AR

Some peoples kids. I'm curious to know how much a pistol grip adds to the accuracy of a weapon. If it did you'd think the pro gun series would modify their M1 Garandes to have pistol grips. .....right? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  7. kryptonitecb

Jeep D35?

All this drama for a d30?! Let the dude break it and find out the hard way. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  8. kryptonitecb

Tire recommendations?

X2 awesome tires at very good prices This is what I got a few months back, the picture was taken after I drive slowly over loose dirt. Those lugs grab very well in dirt and mud, plus they are a fairly soft compound that does well in rocks also. Low noise on the road (I do have a loud vehicle...
  9. kryptonitecb

Pricing on a built 8.8

I have a 31 spline disk brake 8.8 with 4.10's, a Detroit locker, RuffStuff diff cover, and all the work done to get it under a rbv already done. My question is regarding the price. I haven't seen many 8.8's for sale here that are already built like this and I was curious to know what y'all think...
  10. kryptonitecb

looking for opinions about lockers and what not

I have a Detroit in the rear of my truck and it works great on and off road. No odd wear pattern and it works period. For the front a limited slip out selectable locker is the better option in my opinion. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  11. kryptonitecb

SAS on a 91 ranger or rebuild ttb?

Rebuild is always cheaper, however there are pros to going solid axle. It also depends on which axle you are going to use. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  12. kryptonitecb

dodge 1500 solid axile

Look at the pirate 4x4 d60 bible, it will answer all your questions. Sent from the road while ignoring traffic
  13. kryptonitecb

Dana 30 leaf spring hangers

From my limited experience I would say use bolts to mock it up but have your buddy weld the hangers. They take alot of stress and I don't see bolts holding up. I could be wrong though. Sent from the road while ignoring traffic
  14. kryptonitecb

Need Help with lowering

Or an explorer axle swap for the rear. Sent from the road while ignoring traffic
  15. kryptonitecb

swap from i-beam to straight axle

Go big or go home, if you can find tons then do it. Depending on your local laws they may not allow tires to stick out past the fenders though. Sent from the road while ignoring traffic
  16. kryptonitecb

skeptical about a used rear.

I wouldn't but that's me, my wallet isn't that deep. Sent from the road while ignoring traffic
  17. kryptonitecb

D60 vs. Rockwell

It can be done with springs, mudding doesn't need articulation like rock crawlers do. Top loaders would keep your drive shafts at a good angle. Plus if you have the means to transport a m-duece you'll have your axles for the cost minus what you get back in scrap. Keep in mind those things weigh...
  18. kryptonitecb

D60 vs. Rockwell

Copy what the other guys are doing. If most run one over the other they do so for reason. Hopefully the reasons are based on experience. As in my case, I've broken a few things on my front axle and see all my buddies running tons without breaking. So its reasonable that if I want to do bigger...
  19. kryptonitecb

D60 vs. Rockwell

Parts aren't hard to find for either as mentioned. My only beef is rockwells are HEAVY, unless you need the strength for monster tires I'd go tons. As far as hp strength both would work fine. If you have the know how you can do a 14bolt D60 hybrid too. Sent from the road while ignoring traffic
  20. kryptonitecb

Is the dream beam kit something I can find used?

Yes, just be patient and search Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad