• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

On to more progress. the MT82 trans from the Mustang has a remote shifter that sets pretty far back, fortunately there is a company called MGW that makes custom shifters for these specifically for swaps. The main benefit is moving the shifter forward 6-8 inches from factory mustang location...
  2. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

Sorry for the delay in posting more on this project, have been busy with a lot of things. I got the cab back on the truck, I think this is the final time... It was time to do the final installation of the rear axle assembly. I did a bunch of measuring and figured out the layout for the new...
  3. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

With the cab and engine fitting around each other it was time to lay out the wiring harness. I purchased the Ford Performance Control Pack for the 2.3L ecoboost ( M-6017-23T). I found that this was going to be the easiest route to go. I could have striped down the mustang harness and had the...
  4. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

I have not looked in to the Ranger pan, Esslinger is starting to make custom oil pans for these, that would be my route if I did it again.
  5. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

Now that the engine fit in the test frame, it was time to put it in the project truck. This meant pulling the entire body off the frame, it's not to bad of a job. The bed is an easy 6 bolt along with the cab, only challenge with the cab besides lifting it is remembering everything you forgot to...
  6. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

I attempted to install the engine in the truck with the transmission still attached but I couldn't get it snaked into the truck. I opted for splitting the engine and transmission and just installing the engine by itself but this to proved to be a challenge. luckily for me I like to keep...
  7. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

Sorry but the engine is already in the truck and I can no longer do this.
  8. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

The next step on this project was to load both engines in the back of the truck and haul them to my work so that I can take measurements using a CMM, then I can import in to CAD and design the engine and transmission mounts. I decided to weight the engines before I started, the Ecoboost with...
  9. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

You are right, the hpfp is an issue. I was able to get away with a minor modification to the rain gutter in front of the windshield and minor mod to the heater box which could be eliminated with modifying the water outlet. tis truck is not A/C which helps alot. i did also have to modify the oil...
  10. 2.3 Ecoboost Swap, 1990 Ranger

Hello All, I have been a long time reader/user of the forum and have decided to start my first thread with a 2.3 Ecoboost Swap into a 1990 Ranger. This is not my first major engine swap in a RBV, about 8 years ago I did a 2.3T swap into a 84 Bronco 2 and used it as a daily driver. So to start...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad