• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1988 ranger clutch pedal question

I have an 88 that was auto, converting it to manual. I have a friend that is parting his 89 and will give me his pedal assembly for a 6 pack. Can I make this work, or do I need an 88 assembly. If I need an 88 assembly, anyone have a line on one?
  2. New old member

I think it was about 8 or 9 years ago when I joined. Had an 89 bronco 2 that I had bought to take hunting down in se Oklahoma. Since then, I have swapped many vehicles, but have found myself in possession of a half finished 88 ranger rock crawler build. It's a Frankenstein for sure. Late 90s...
  3. Project Deer Tracker

well, i got a new daily 2001 XLT, 3.0, 4x4, completely stock. bought it from an old man who bought it at 100k, now has 208k on the clock. it came with all the records from the day it left the dealership. all it needed was a new battery, new tires, and a new radio. he's now disabled and...
  4. no highway acceleration

89, 2.9, a4ld, stock gears, 31"s. will accelerate fine around town, up to 45-50mph, but when i get on the highway, i can barely get it to go 65mph and it wont rev past 3k in overdrive. if i shift to drive, it will rev higher and i can go from 55 to 65 in around 10 seconds, put it in overdrive...
  5. acceleration and maintaining speed issue

here's the deal, 89 b2, 2.9, a4ld, stock gears with 31" M/T's. accelerating from 0 to 50-55mph is great, get on the highway, hit 55, and thats about it. i can get it to 65 after about 15 seconds in 4th gear, if i take it out of overdrive into drive, pretty much putting it in 3rd gear, it will...
  6. conceal carry gun rant

so, i just got my conceal carry licence about a month ago. when i went to get it, i bought a kel-tec p-11 to qualify with and to carry. i like how it shoots, but i wanted something to carry in my pocket, and it was just a little too bulky. so the logical part of me started to kick in. i...
  7. found some cheep roof racks

compared to some others, these seemed cheap, just thought i would pass it along. http://www.discountramps.com/car-top-carriers-roof-racks.htm
  8. stock roof bars 89 b2

i've searched the forums and cant find any info on this. how much weight will the roof and factory luggage bars hold? im building a roof basket, and thought if the factory bars will hold the weight, just mounting to those. all it will ever carry is camping gear, tent, sleeping bags, camp...
  9. roof rack questions

im gonna add a roof rack to my B2, so here's the question, better to buy one or build one? i can find racks for around $150-$200 online+shipping. how much in materials to build one? what materials and measurements did you use? how did you mount it? if drip rails, where did you get the...
  10. need some help...alternator and also exhaust questions.

i have a 89 b2, 2.9, elec. locks, windows, a/c, cruise, ect. what alternator do i need? there are 4 or 5 options at the parts store...i know it has the adjustment at 10, and its a 2 plug. im guessing 80 amp? also, how many o2 sensors on the factory exhaust? im wanting to ditch the 2 factory...
  11. 4x4 issues. t-case engaging sometimes

89 B2, and i went out to check my trail cameras at my lease. got to the gate and put it in neutral, hit the 4x4 button, could hear the motor clicking, but it wont engage. hit the button 2 or 3 times, and it engaged. then it would shift in and out of 4hi/4lo no problem. drove it around for...
  12. turn signal/reverse fuse blows when i hit the brakes...

anybody else ever have this problem? 89 bII
  13. need a little help

as a mechanic and general "car guy", asking a question about something so simple pains me. that said, i have a 1989 Bronco II, and i cannot figure out how to set the clock on my factory radio. help!
  14. new B2 owner in oklahoma

hey guys, name is matt. bought this little guy a few weeks ago because my jeep is just too big and too bouncy and DEFINETELY doesnt get good mileage. 1989 Bronco II, 2.9, 4x4, 2 inch blocks in rear, coil spacers up front, 31/10.50/15 Definity M/T's, flowmaster exhaust, grill guard from a full...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad