• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Slaves interchange???

I was wondering if the whole clutch assembly (master to slave) from a FM146 will work with with the 88 Mazda tranny? I'm guessing not, but I was just curious. I've got an 87 FM146 that I'm throwing in a 4.0/A4LD and an 88, throwing a 4.0 with the mazda tranny that needs a slave. Just curious...
  2. fuel gauge OHMS between 87 and 94???

Are the OHMS on a fuel gauge the same with the older dashs (87-88) and the newer dash's (89-94)? Doing the dash conversion and wanted to double check, thanks! -Mattie
  3. 89-92 ranger/explorer steering column not fitting for 4.0 swap

i'm having a terrible time trying to get my steering column to fit in nice on my 87 supercab, it seems that i can only get it to fit by moving the column mounting bracket just to get the bolts to line up and now I don't have enough room to properly connect the ignition switch. The whole assembly...
  4. 87 Supercab with rear heat.

Well just started doing the dash swap and i'm using an explorer as a doner and came across a heating vent that runs underneath the center console for giving the rear passengers heat. And wouldn't you know it, it fits the floor. You do have to use the explorer heater box so you can tap into the...
  5. steering column interchange

when doing the 89-94 dash swap into the 84-88 rangers, can you use the explorer steering column or are they different than the rangers???
  6. seat belt bolts weldable?

the seatbelt bolts on my 87 supercab are rounded and i've been having some trouble welding a nut on there to get a socket on there. Are these bolts too hard to weld???
  7. 88 4x4 2.3 hard to come by?

are they hard to find???
  8. inspection plate act as a shim

does the plate between the motor and tranny also act as a shim for the starter? I have a fm146 with the 2.9 and the starter just sits there and doesn't make contact. the kid i bought it from put a new starter in it but didn't put that plate back on. my guess is that the stater is kickin out too...
  9. interior panel supercab interchange?!

I have an 87 supercab with stationary rear windows. Will the rear panels interchange with stationary windows and popout windows? Also are the rear windows different sizes? Can I add pop out windows if i already have stationary windows? Thanks! -Mattie
  10. 87 supercab side windows

I haven't been able to find the answer here I have an 87 supercab and the side windows are stationary, can I go pull a set of non stationary ones to replace them? And are the trim panels between the two interchangeable? Thanks -Mattie
  11. dual battery setup

you have the selector switch that tells if the aux battery or factory battery is switched on. I also included a battery isolator like those on RV's to charge both batteries and using a continuous solenoid to switch on the aux battery. What do you guys think?
  12. question on dana 35/8.8 swap

I'm picking up an 87 supercab and a 92 and 93 parts explorers. the supercab has a 2.9/5 speed that i'll be replacing with the 4.0 auto and as well as the dana 35/8.8 axles. Now for the rear driveshaft i can find a newer supercab to bolt in correct and the front driveshaft needs to be shortned...
  13. explorer doors?

are 91-94 explorer doors the same as the ranger doors of those years??? I want to say the are but i'm not 100% sure...
  14. 88 that's 2.3-less, should one go back in?

I have an 88 ranger reg cab, short box 4x4 with the madza 5speed that had a 2.3 in it, but it was taken out since the block was cracked. It's been sitting for a while and I want to get it back on the road. But I'm faced with what I should put in there, I was thinking of throwing back in a 2.3...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad