• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ckblum

Timing chains and camshafts on a 4.0 SOHC

Hey guys, just bought an 01 Ranger real cheap with a rod through the block. Only reason I picked it up was my buddy has a motor for it already pulled and available for me. The motor he has needs the timing chains done and possibly gonna do a little top end work if needed (valve seals, pull...
  2. ckblum

Who makes extended TTB's?

Hey guys! Been a while since I've been on here. Been driving Toyota's for the past 2 years but just wrote off my Tacoma and thinking about getting a 95-97ish Ranger. Anyways just wanna do some research before I go out and purchase a truck. Who makes extended D35 beams? With axles and stuff...
  3. ckblum

Tough choice

I'm trying to get another 4x4/off road vehicle. I bought a 2wd B3000 for commuting and now that I don't need to commute I wanna get another off road vehicle. I am having trouble deciding between an F150 single cab or a Ranger ex cab. I would like to get either a 4.0L Ranger or the 5.0L F150...
  4. ckblum

2wd vs. 4wd, need help choosing

First of all this isn't a debate thread, I just sold my 87 4x4 2.9L Ranger and bought a 96 2wd B3000. Im so unsure of what to do right now. I just bought the B3000 2wd but I am having serious thoughts of selling it now and buying a 4wd truck. I live in BC and it's a lot of mountains and a bit...
  5. ckblum

Super Budget Build

I just bought a 96 Mazda B3000 2wd. I had a 87 4x4 Ranger before but since I am going to school I needed something better on gas but still a truck. So far Ive just put LT235/75/15 tires on it, bought used for $150. What are some good mods I can do for real cheap? I found a 1990 Ranger 8.8 but...
  6. ckblum

Mazda and Ranger bodies

I just bought a 96 Mazda B3000 tonight, just wondering if the body lines are the same as the Rangers? Other than the headlights and tail lights obviously, I can't find any fiberglass fenders for them so I was thinking of doing the Explorer conversion for 93-97 Rangers if the body lines are the...
  7. ckblum

Extended I-Beams

I got a few q's on some extended beams. Are extended beams also bent for lift? Or does the extending lift them enough? I don't really wanna lift my 2wd 6". Who makes some cheaper extended beams that are only extended about 4" or even less maybe? Of course I'll need radius arms too so I would...
  8. ckblum

Need some help on mileage

What kinda mileage can the following trucks get? Id like to here from people with experience as I am looking for a vehicle for school and commuting and still hauling and playin a bit. I would really like to get an extended cab but its impossible to find the 4cyl in one and I think the added...
  9. ckblum

Need help on swapped motor

Me and my Dad just swapped in a 92 2.9 into my 87 Ranger. We used the 87 harness and disconnected and plugged off the EGR because that's how it was on the 92. The EGR isnt the problem because it ran the same before and after to took it out. Here is the problem, which I think might be the fuel...
  10. ckblum

My suspension plan (hopefully)

Feel free to give suggestions on this, thats why Im posting it here. My plan is to have a cheapish truck that cycles a decent amount of travel, nothing crazy but give some suggestions on how to modify the stock suspension as much as possible. Im not a crawler or anything, Im more into faster...
  11. ckblum

Shock help

I need new front shocks and I was thinking of going with dual shocks. I have stock suspension and 1.5 leveling coils so are dual shocks still a good idea? Do I just need to buy a dual shock hoop? Now for the actual shocks, what should I get? I was thinking some bilstein 5150 but Im not sure...
  12. ckblum

Need a Cheap RWD car

Im just looking for a RWD car to bomb around in and have some fun. Something cheap, but Im not sure what kinda car I should look for so start naming off cars that I could get pretty cheap ($1-1500) that are pretty easy to find. I want something I can rally around and have as a project with me...
  13. ckblum

A few long travel questions

Im thinking about swapping my axles with explorer axles. I heard the D35 is 2 inches wider which is good. I wanna kinda make a cheap long(er) travel truck. I dont have a lot of money to spend on a camburg kit or something from autofab or anything. Im pretty good with the rear, I might just save...
  14. ckblum

Favourite body style/gen

I was just wondering what body style people like the most. Cosmetic stuff, nothing to do mechanically I just wanna know what other people think of each gen. Post a pic if you want. Personally I like first gen body styles.
  15. ckblum

Wider front 4x4 beams

I wanna set of wider front beams for my Ranger, but I don't wanna have to shell out the thousands of dollars to buy a custom pair and everything. Are there any vehicles that I could swap in the front beams with to widen them? Or any other way I could widen them for fairly cheap. I was thinking...
  16. ckblum

2wd 8.8 Question

Does the 2wd with a 4.0L come with the 8.8? I read here that 90-97 4wd have 8.8 rears but I was wondering if the 2wd came with it ever and in what years.
  17. ckblum

Little more travel/lift/leveling???

I was wondering what would be a cheap, easy way to level off and even lift my front end a bit. Right now it is sitting about an inch or more lower than the back. I would like to get a bit more travel but I realize that can be pretty costly. Are there any cheaper methods to lift my front end and...
  18. ckblum

Front Bumper Project

This is my bumper me and my Dad are working on. I designed it myself to fit my truck based of the basic prerunner style. I just bought a tubing bender on Friday and started working on this as soon as possible. It is almost done, just needs finishing, gussets and some light tabs as soon as I get...
  19. ckblum

Races in BC, Canada?

Anyone know of any races that happen in British Columbia? Im not really into crawling type stuff, more like the faster off road racing. I'm having trouble googling because I keep getting motorcycles and marathons.
  20. ckblum

Removing/cutting my body lift?

I need some advice and opinions please. I'm thinking about removing my 3" body lift from my Ranger. It came installed when I bought the truck and I've never really worked on vehicles much because its my first. I wanna take it out because I kind of dislike how high the body sits off the frame and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad