• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. okietheranger

question about fuel

hey guys havnt been here in a few years but I have a question to ask, anyone running a v-8 in there ranger and using the stock 2.9 fuel pump in the tank and on the rail and having any problems with that set up?
  2. okietheranger

power question

hello everyone! i have a 86 ranger 4x4 with 33" tires with a 89 mustang rebuild 302HO with e cam, and i recently put a zf5 behind it (before was a np435) and i made the 205 heavy ass transfer case work behind the zf5, so with that set up im pretty sure the 8.8 rear end i have has 373 gears, so...
  3. okietheranger

Help

Sorry guys I posted this in the 4x4 suspension form but I need help I bought a skyjacker 6" lift class 2 and I can't get the passenger I beam drop down bracket to fit. It hits the oil pan. Anyone install this lift with a v-8 and have any issues?
  4. okietheranger

lift kit

ok guys i just bought a skyjacker 6" lift kit. and im haveing trouble installing the bracket for the passenger side ibeam drop down bracket, now im just wondering is this because i have a v-8 in there? the problem is the bracket is hitting the oil pan, but i could swear the pan is almost in the...
  5. okietheranger

Brake swap.

Does anyone know if the rear shoes and pads and backing plates off a 7.5 rear end fit on a 8.8 rear end?
  6. okietheranger

8.8 rearend

Does anyone use spools? Are they good or they suck? I know it's pretty much like welding the rear end without the welding. Just wondering what ur all thoughts are on them. Thansk
  7. okietheranger

runs funny somtimes

ok so I have a fully rebuilt 89 mustang 5.0 in my 86 ranger. the engine is pretty much stock besides it has the E-303 cam. It starts and runs fine when cold and even when its warm but just somtimes if I let it idle for a while like in a drive thu it idles like this (posted link to video) i...
  8. okietheranger

distrubutior not sitting down all the way

man its been a while sense I poasted but I got off my but this weekend and rinished putting my motor all back together and running. the motor is a 89 5.0 HO just got it all rebuilt anywho I choose a o reilly auto parts high volume oil pump and I upgraded with a ARP oil pump shaft. Now my problem...
  9. okietheranger

Stock front end ford explorer

So I need to replace the ball joints on my Gf 2000 ford explore 4x4. At oh Rielly auto parts for the complete set for the cheap ones it's $60 and the better moog ones there around $200. Then I found this...
  10. okietheranger

NP435 Clutch set up HELP!

ok so I am changing my setup from the cable setup I made to a hydraulic setup that im apteming to make work. Now with the headers I am useing the headmen 85000 I belive I cant not use a push type slave cylinder I have to use a pull type slave, the only one I can find is this guy...
  11. okietheranger

Ring Gap Question

so I got my motor rebuilt 89 5.0 HO and I am assembling it, Im checking the ring gap and it looks like I need to take off a couple thousands. My question is I konw there is piston ring gap tool for it but has anyone just used a plan old basterd file with successful results? Also the motor has...
  12. okietheranger

hydraulic clutch set up

88 ford ranger 4x4 with a 89 5.0 HO and a np435 tranny with a np208 transfer case, So I decided to remove the clutch cable set up I made and go back to makeing it a hydrualic set up. Using the stock clutch master cylinder, however the way my exhaust is set up I cant use a push type slave...
  13. okietheranger

93 ranger 4.0 fuel problem

Ok so I bought this ranger from a tweaker that cut the fuel line from the tank to the fuel filter. I repaired that line and now can get the engine to run. So I tested fuel pressure at the rail and it's piss poor about 10 lbs now that's one problem. The other problem is it will not hold pressure...
  14. okietheranger

2.9L EGR question

ok so im trying to smog my truck 86 ford ranger 2.9 auto and it failed smog do to the fact that the egr did not recive signal... so im just replaceing all kinds of stuff so far new EGR valve, EGR vaccum solenoid, new solenoid for egr (i cant remember the name the little black box that bolts on...
  15. okietheranger

2000 4.0

so i picked up a 2000 sohc ford exploerer had a little noise on the driver side valver cover figured it was either a lifter or a timming tensenor (sounded like metal noise) so i got the parts and bought a book.. gotta take the engine out!@!:sad: damn has anyone done this anything else i need to...
  16. okietheranger

oil problem?

ok so i have a mechanical oil gauge and latly its been giveing me some weird readings start up cold at idle about 60lbs and reved up about 100 and above.. after oil is warm idles about 30 and when its really warm it idles at like 2lbs but driving its around 30... so this morning i went out and...
  17. okietheranger

no luck

So I'm pretty screwed I live I'n Cali and finished my truck so I took it to a smog referee today funny thing is it passed smog but because i didn't use the mustang H pipe exactly how it was the on mustang it didn't look the same so fail, doesn't matter that it passed. That is such a bullshit...
  18. okietheranger

5.0 acting funny

ok so my truck been acting funny like its starving for fuel or somthing, the problem is when i drive the truck mainly past half throttle the engine starts falling on its face sputtering and poping, but it idles fine... well that was yesterday so today it starting sputtering and any throttle...
  19. okietheranger

my 87 ranger so far

ok so I cant remember if i posted this already if i did its been a long time.. here it is when i first got it didnt run but that didnt matter to me:yahoo: [/IMG] And tearing it down to the frame cleaning it up getting ready for paint. [/IMG] after clean up and painted it with that rubber in a...
  20. okietheranger

so which cam?

ok so i am gonna order the cam tonight and was wondering what the best choice for what i want, the motor is out of a 89 gt 5.0 HO i still want to keep it smog legal but would like to get the rough idle cam sound, its also gonna be a NP435 tranny... so i was leaning on the e303 any suggestions?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad