• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. FordRanger1991

Dana 60 and Dana 44 SAS

So after a few years of watching other builds and trucks going up I decided to post a thread of my truck and my experiences. This summer I was fortunate to take my ranger down to the Rubicon trail and attempt the drive through. The truck made it through... Just not always on her own power lol 2...
  2. FordRanger1991

Dana 60 30 to 35 spline

So I recently purchased an HP dana 44 and a FF dana 60 that came from a 79 250. I am going to be shorting both the axles to fit under my ranger. I have the dana 44 shorting process down no problem as I have done one with my bro. For the Dana 60 I will have to purchase new axle shafts anyways...
  3. FordRanger1991

Volts to the IAC

Hey could someone tell me what volts the ECM should be sending to the IAC during idle? Also, what kid of voltages the IAC will receive while opening the throttle and then immediately after letting the throttle return to the closed position? I have heard around 7 volts for idle before but just...
  4. FordRanger1991

94 Ranger 4.0 engine into a 91 Ranger

Hey so I have a 94 4.0 Ranger engine that will be going into my 91 Ranger that has a 2.9. I have the engine harness for the 94 4.0 however should I get the full engine bay harness from a 94 ranger to make things easier on me for the swap? or should I attempt to get a 91 or 92 engine bay harness...
  5. FordRanger1991

Idle Fluctuating After Engine is Warm

Idle Fluctuating After Engine is Warm so... I have a 91 2.9 liter engine that seems to have idle problem after it is warm. During this time the engine will fluctuate/jump from 400 to 900 rpms. Also, it is interesting that if I shut the engine off while it is having the idle problem, and then...
  6. FordRanger1991

My SAC (Solid Axle Conversion)

Over a couple years of looking at rangers and watching my bro transform his i came up with the idea to convert my TTB dana 35 into a solid axle. I figured i could save a lot of money by not having to buy a new axle and new gears. I also saved money by not having to possibly buy new rotors or...
  7. FordRanger1991

Battery Light

Ok, Battery light on and battery gauge likes to jump around while the truck is running. Its got a brand new alternator, battery, negative ground to the engine, frame, and inside fender... Just not sure were to go... Thanks for the thoughts
  8. FordRanger1991

Rough idle when warm

I was just wondering if you all can come up with some more things that i could possibly check when i work on my truck this coming weekend. When truck is warmed up to normal operating temp it seems to want to mess with the rpms. It will jump back and forth from 500 too 800 when at idle. I am also...
  9. FordRanger1991

Runs Great and then Runs good

Hey so i thought i would throw a question out for fun to see if anyone wanted to put in some information. I have a 2.9 engine that seems to run great sometimes and then just decent at other times. I have 4.56 gears and only 31s right now so my truck is actually pretty quick. However, sometimes i...
  10. FordRanger1991

neutral safety switch

hey guys i have a 1991 Ford ranger 2.9 engine and a manual tranny. I had an engine light pop on so i ran the diagnostic on it to find that i had a code: 67 o and in the Ford book that comes with the code reader it said it was the "Neutral Pressure Switch" so i am thinking it means the Neutral...
  11. FordRanger1991

I don't want to use 3rd gear!

Hey guys i just had a question about some lower gearing. I have some headers with a 2.5" exhaust that leads to a flowmaster and i have an electric fan. So i feel that the engine is putting out a little more power than stock. I put a 4 inch lift on my 91 ranger that has a 2.9 liter engine a 5...
  12. FordRanger1991

Engine Light Turned On

Hey just curious if someone could tell me the easiest way to figure out why my engine light turned on. The engine seems to be running perfect. For a 1991 2.9 Ford Ranger is there an engine light code reader that I could buy? If so where? Thanks a lot for your time!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad