• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

Thanks. Glad to help a fellow Ranger owner out!!
  2. Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

I called my buddy at the local dealer and he gave me the part no. for a Focus by mistake. The number for the Ranger vacuum solenoid is 1S7Z-9J559-AA. Sorry about the confusion. Here is a link to where you can get one online...
  3. Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

3S4Z 9J559AA - is the OE number for imrc vacuum control solenoid or valve
  4. Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

It's basically a throttle plate inside your intake manifold to control airflow. Below is a generic picture of this type of part.
  5. Need Help on 2.3 replacement

Here is info I got from a salvage interchange. These are what will fit your truck. MAZDA B2300 2001-02 (2.3L, VIN D) RANGER 2001-02 (2.3L, VIN D) Electrical & induction parts may vary, compare and switch as necessary.
  6. Okay, so what the hell is an (intake manifold runner control?)

I would say check the vacuum hose going to the IMRC actuator solenoid (mounted by the intake manifold). They are prone to falling off or drying out. The Intake Manifold Swirl Control (IMSC) or intake manifold runner control) is a vacuum actuated system that consists of a manifold mounted...
  7. Timing Belt Life in a 2.3L Eng??

Ok guys I have consulted the Haynes & Chilton service manuals, they state that the timing belt service interval is 60,000miles. My question is regarding my 93 Ranger 2.3L with 144,000mi on the clock. I have had my truck for a little while and it runs pretty good, I have purchased it from the...
  8. PCV Valve Location

The pcv valve is on the side of the engine with the intake manifold. You have to look real hard behind the intake manifold, the pcv valve sits in crankcase vent oil separator box on the side of the engine block. Here are intructions from Alldata, not to clear but hope it helps. POSITIVE...
  9. can ect sensor or bad t-stat cause engine to run rough?

I think that it is for the ECT sensor to cause a rough running engine. One thing that I have seen on some of the 2.3L Rangers is that the IMRC(Intake manifold runner control) or the intake manifold swirl control valve vacuum solenoid is prone to sticking or the vacuum hose connecting to it...
  10. Ranger - stiff clutch pedal

Hello, I have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a 3.0l v6 and 5-speed manual transmission. The truck runs and shifts great, but I have one annoying problem. The clutch pedal. The clutch pedal is very stiff it is stiff as my dad's old 1966 international 1ton truck, this gets very tiresome in traffic. Is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad