• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. theGreatDane

4.0 engine problems

my 1999 ranger has the 4.0 liter v6 and 4 wheel drive. my truck has presented the cylinder 6 misfire code twice in the last 6 months, which I have fixed with a new spark plug in that cylinder. The other day, however, it started stuttering heavily under load, and all of the sudden had very little...
  2. theGreatDane

Engine Problems, HELP!!!!

my 1999 ranger has the 4.0 liter v6 and 4 wheel drive. my truck has presented the cylinder 6 misfire code twice in the last 6 months, which I have fixed with a new spark plug in that cylinder. yesterday, however, it started stuttering heavily under load, and all of the sudden had very little...
  3. theGreatDane

brakes are super soft!

i Just got done swapping a 1999 explorer axle with discs into my 1999 ranger that had the ranger 8.8 with drums. I got all the brake lines hooked up, and made sure there are no leaks, but now when i step on the brakes, the pedal goes nearly to the floor with very little response from the brakes...
  4. theGreatDane

Engine..... uhhh improvements?

I am going to replace the lifters pretty soon in my 99 4.0. While i have everything apart, i wanted to maybe get a little more of an aggressive cam. I have been reading about the comp cams 410. is this really my only option? I am very new to this, as this will be my first project of this...
  5. theGreatDane

Rim Selection Help!!!!

So i am the proud owner of a 1999 ranger 4x4 supercab. currently i am looking for some rims, as my stock rims are ugly. my requirements are that they are black and semi cheap, as i am a college student with no money. In the future i plan on upgrading to 31s or 32s, but i can only afford rims...
  6. theGreatDane

4x4 Troubleshooting/Problems

So i have a 1999 Ranger with the 4.0l, 5 speed manual, and the electric transfer case. Up until about a month ago, everything worked perfectly. just recently, however, whenever i place it in 4x4, whether it be hi or low range, the transfer case just clicks a few times, and then stops and the...
  7. theGreatDane

idling high...

I have a 1999 ranger xlt 4x4 with the 4.0l and a 5 speed manual. I have noticed that when i pull up to intersections and stops, that my truck idles really high, like around 1500rpm. It does this whether the clutch is pushed in, in gear, or out of gear. Doesnt matter. When i come to a stop...
  8. theGreatDane

Help!!!

So i have a 1999 Ranger Supercab, 4x4 with a 4.0 and a 5 speed. A few months ago it started stuttering when cold, when i would accelerate, but would go away after 5 or so minutes of driving, and often less than that when i would floor it. Yesterday, however, it started stuttering more often...
  9. theGreatDane

Rims and Tires!?!?!?!?!

I own a 99 ranger extended cab 4x4 with a 4.0 and 5 speed. I have some crappy stock tires on it right now with ugly 15 inch rims. I want some bigger, more aggressive tires, and some better rims. so these are my questions: 1. I dont want to have to lift it, so how big can i go w/o rubbing? i was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad