• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 89 E350 column

Frustrating day! I had some column problems with my E350. Tilt did not work and the blinkers would not cancel. Since I had a spare from an E150 that I knew to be in good working order, I decided to swap them. Tested everything before I bolted everything tight and all was well. Found the floor...
  2. Back from the dead...part one.

I'll be resurrecting a 2003 Ranger I purchased as salvage. This is only going to result in a stock truck being returned to the road, but I think it will be interesting in terms of getting a nice ride for a good value. If you have ever wondered if it is feasable to repair a damaged vehicle...
  3. Good news/bad news

Thinking of buying this. Now the bad news My favorite year and configuration. What to do? :icon_confused::icon_confused:
  4. 7.3 issue solved!

My first diesel, 89 E350 cutaway with a 7.3 IDI and an E4OD. Love it, but it really lacked in power and I could not get it to downshift with throttle. Would not hold speed uphill. Did some searching and the suggestion was the FLP sensor, (fuel lever position). In checking this, I noticed the...
  5. I am soooo oooold!

Spent the day on my back changing my fubar transmission. I used to be able to bench press those things back into place, now it's all I can do to work the handle for the trans jack. Sheesh!:nopityA::nopityA:
  6. Full size transfer cases

OK, it's part of my V8 swap. The V8 part is easy, but the transfer case gets tricky. I believe the full size transfer cases that bolt up to, let's say a 4R70W are a little tight around the frame rails in a Ranger. Measuring my frame around the transfer case area says about 27" inside frame...
  7. Questionable radar enforcement

Maybe I'm just getting cranky because I got a ticket for speeding that I wholly disagree with, but it seems that the police are relying a little too much on their radar readouts and not enough on observation. I was driving on the highway today, not exceeding the posted limits, (and yes, I can...
  8. BW1154 planetay and front plate dissassembly

How do you take this apart?
  9. ECU ID help needed

Need an ECU for my 5.8/4R70W swap. The engine came with D9EL. This was from an 89 E150 with a 5.8/C6. The local wrecker has a line up of ECU's on the shelf. Unfortunately, no pick and pull here, so I must pick my application and trust the Hollanders. What I've come up with is an ECU from a 94...
  10. Electronic shift control

I'm looking for a good tutorial on electronic shift control All I seem to find is offers to sell me a $1000 shift controller! What I'm doing is putting a 4r70w behind my 351W and swapping the works into my 93 Ranger.None of my ECM's supported electronic shifting and I'm toying with the idea of...
  11. Festivus!

Merry Festivus everyone! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8g4Ztf7hIM
  12. BW 1354 input shaft

Has anyone tried to get or make a 31 spline input shaft for a BW 1354? I know the popular solution is a 25 spline output shaft for the transmission, but I think the transfer case mod would be a better solution. Any ideas?
  13. Shake, rattle and roll. Spring wrap symptoms?

I'm chasing down some ride quality problems in my hi mileage 93 Ranger. I'm experiencing a shake at highway speeds. My suspension is entirely stock and I'm running 235R75 tires. I also have clunks coming from underneath during acceleration and braking. What I have done so far is to balance the...
  14. More info on tightening 4.0l intake manifold bolts

This is intended as additional info to an excellent post here. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/4_0-loose-intake-bolts.html Access to the lower intake manifold bolts is possible without removing the upper intake manifold. Referring to drawing A13496-1A, bolts 2,5,6,7, and 8 are...
  15. Time to rebuild or repair?

First time post so please forgive me if this has been covered before. Did a search, but could not find a specific answer. The 4.0 is new to me and I have not yet learned all it's tricks. My 4.0 in my Ranger runs beautifully, does not smoke, but it does have a lot of clatter which, (I hope) is...
  16. New member in Smithers BC

Hi, Long time off roader, long time Ford owner, just bought a '93 Ranger to beat the trails with. Great little truck, but it's already seen quite a few Km's, (350K). I'll be maintaining what I have, but I've noticed a few common quirks that I hope to sort out. I'll be searching and probably...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad