• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ClodSlayer

Engine bogging on acceleration after warm-up.

General specs: '87 Ranger, with an '83 mustang 2.3 straight-4. What I'm thinking happened is that someone before me swapped the engines, and converted it to EFI... Unless '83 mustangs had EFI. As far as I'm aware though, they were carbureted. The thing ran great until it didn't. The problem...
  2. ClodSlayer

Fm145 Sloppy Shifter.

So I've got the mitsubishi fm145, 4w drive hooked up to the 2.3L gasoline engine. Model #: FM145 Assy No: E67A7003FB Build code: 025132 The shifter has been real sloppy, and in taking off the boot and stuff, I found that the source of this sloppiness is the blue plastic ball at the end of...
  3. ClodSlayer

Weird noise?

So I've got this weird noise coming from the general area of the tranny as I drive, it doesn't happen constantly, only around certain speeds and in certain gears. For example, this noise happens around 45 in 4th gear, and 55 in 5th gear. Anyways, I took a video as I was driving, trying to keep...
  4. ClodSlayer

Are universal parts really universal?

The main reason I am asking this question is that the door latch recently went out on my Ranger, and I found a replacement one on Ebay for $75. ( http://goo.gl/yCygbW ) I also found this: ( http://goo.gl/SCbFwW ) for $31. I know it says that it's universal, but it just looks so different...
  5. ClodSlayer

My Ranger and a puddle

Hey guys! It's been a while since my build thread kindof fizzed out (my fault, I ran out of time and money), but I've managed to get the Ranger runnigng, road worthy, and more importantly, trail worthy! It's still a work in progress, but I just have to do little things now like hooking up the...
  6. ClodSlayer

Paint exhaust manifold?

I have to do a head gasket job on my 4-banger, and while I was pulling it apart I realized that the exhaust manifold is kinda rusty... Not rusty to the point where it needs replacing, but rusty enough to look bad. I was wondering what the best way to paint it is, if there is one. And if there...
  7. ClodSlayer

My Project

I think I'll call it Oliver... Hi! Im currently fixing up an old '87 ranger, and I just have to show it off to some one! Despite how it looks now, it looked ten times worse when I got it, so I'm exited! It actually runs now, but we are in the process of replacing the valve-seals (it was...
  8. ClodSlayer

Just a few questions here...

I have a old, rusty '87 ford ranger 4x4 that I am currently fixing up with my dad :icon_welder: and I have two questions... First, are there any alternatives to the bed bolts? They are rusted right out and they are like $15 apiece off lmc truck and that is just the bolt then there is the clips...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad