• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ranger_gord

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

According to members and from the FSM, they “frown” upon touching the E-nut. I relate it to going down the rabbit hole. When I did the innards of the ‘M5R1’ I removed the whole Fifth and reverse shift lever (7243),Shift rail (7242), Shift lever Connecting pin (7F301), and counter lever assembly...
  2. ranger_gord

Yeah … you’re right who needs 5/Rev. I better open a new discussion question lol
  3. ranger_gord

Uhm,…. you know the torx nut on the left side of the M5OD?….I touched it☹️
  4. ranger_gord

Transmission Inquiry / Request for assistance

Hi I have been following JoshB, his journeys, hand now this thread. I just finished my 94 4.0 M5OD rebuild with clutch, rear seal,TC, etc. The y-pipe on the 4.0 was a pain but I had removed the shifter and plugged it with a shop towel. I made it easier on myself by rolling back the interior...
  5. ranger_gord

Need help with my 94 manual transmission

Thank you, Shran
  6. ranger_gord

Further, I have some parts coming in but I can't get the shims in case my front retainer and hence input shaft is not shimmed correctly. I enjoy doing things myself and learning other things.
  7. ranger_gord

Thanks Shran! Going to look into sources today
  8. ranger_gord

Hi Wpginterceptor, I have been looking at kijiji locally and haven’t found any 4x4 transmissions. Maybe I am not searching for the right stuff. I have transmission on the bench and the service manual in hand. I have an order into Allstate Gear for a refresh kit and slider, so I hope I can get...
  9. ranger_gord

Hi all, I am sorry to post this here, but I dropped the transmission/case to replace the concentric slave cylinder and check things out. 4th gear was a bit noisy and a little “challenging,” noisy to engage, after getting it back from a “moving experience.” Preliminary examination shows at oil...
  10. ranger_gord

Two Years almost to the day!

My 94 runs like new and now I can relax a little. I tried thanking the guys on here for their awesome knowledge, but I guess they are busy.
  11. ranger_gord

Thank you
  12. ranger_gord

Hi all, I have been following the Ranger Station for many years. My daily driver is a 1994 Ranger XLT, 4.0L, 5 speed,4X4. In July of 2018, I moved to Ontario, Canada, and had my Ranger worked on out of necessity. It hasn’t run right since. A multitude of problems. I tested and measured...
  13. ranger_gord

Clutch Problems

I was following this link and wondered if you figured out what the problem was with the clutch master slave bleeding etc. Under the knee bolster, at the brake/clutch assembly they used aluminum to mount the pivot points for both the brake and clutch pedals. They inserted a plastic or similar...
  14. ranger_gord

How to: replace valve cover gaskets, fuel rail gaskets and lower intake gaskets

AJ I pulled my bed off to redo the filler hose. The shop who did the original work, had replaced my fuel pump (may be a bad one) and may have damaged the o-ring seal around the sending unit. I noticed when I got the truck back, it ran like crap and misfiring and I noticed a gas smell. This was...
  15. ranger_gord

I ran it today and it mostly smooth as silk. However I have a mysterious “oil” patten on my hood liner. Smells sort of sweet, but not really. Smells like AC but AC nice and cold. I had topped up the power steering reservoir but it doesn’t appear to be from that. And it continues... I found the...
  16. ranger_gord

Well I completed the reassemble. I left the fuel pump relay out and cranked it for about 7 seconds to get oil flowing. Then I stopped and put the relay back in. I cranked and it fired right up. However, I didn’t want to leave it running in the attached garage (sinks up the place). I did...
  17. ranger_gord

94 warm start problem

Sorry to interject but could your Fuel pump relay be going south (intermittent)?
  18. ranger_gord

Yeah they saw me coming. I had no where to work on it, I was renting a basement from an anal retentive scumlord whose 2013 Ram leaked all over the driveway, and she says I don’t want your two drops of oil on my driveway. She blamed my ranger for all the puddles on the driveway. I was waiting...
  19. ranger_gord

Yeah they saw me coming. I had no where to work on it, I was renting a basement from an anal retentive scumlord whose 2013 Ram leaked all over the driveway, and she says I don’t want your two drops of oil on my driveway. She blamed my ranger for all the puddles on the driveway. I was waiting...
  20. ranger_gord

Hi AJ, I am nursing the elbow (feeling better) but Igot everything out and cleaned up so I am ready to install it all. I put a straight edge on all the lower intake ports and tried to slip the smallest feeler gauge underneath it. I moved the straight edge around and couldn’t find any place...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad