• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. The mysterious overheat

Strange issue. 2003 Ranger Edge - 3.0L - 96,000 miles. Anytime the outside temp is at or below around 75 degrees, this thing never overheats. I can climb hills, do 80 up the Grapevine, sit in traffic with the A/C blowing, zero issues. However, if the outside temp rises, maybe about...
  2. Triple Gauge Install

I've grown tired of the vague water temp/oil pressure and volt meter on the Ranger and I'm installing a three gauge set on the truck. It seems pretty straightforward with a few modifications to the kit but I'm hoping some light can be shed on the following: (This is a 3.0 2002 Edge - The kit is...
  3. The Camshaft Position Synchronizer

A nasty little device. I was throwing a P0340 (Camshaft Position Sensor Fault) and the truck was barely drivable, this is a 2002 Ranger Edge with a 3.0. I parked it and ordered up a Motorcraft synchro, got home at eight and finished about nine. For those unaware, this is notorious for failing...
  4. Ok, I give up.

I am desperately trying to locate the DPFE sensor on my 2002 Ranger Edge 3.0. I have seen countless post describing the location and even a few pictures from other years stating, "They're all the same"...they're not. I've removed the intake cover, searched the back of the engine, left bank...
  5. Hesitation/Surge Mystery

Here's a good one. Engine (Or trans) is experiencing what seems to be a miss or stumble at RPMS below 2K, generally during acceleration. It's a 2002 Ranger Edge 3.0, 90K miles. Aside from a K&N (in box) filter, there are no modifications. Both MAF sensor and ICV have been checked and cleaned...
  6. General questions from a general newbie.

Hello everyone ~ Yet another Ranger owner has been created with my recent purchase of a 2002 Ranger EDGE V6 SuperCab. I bought this truck from it's original owner, a seventy seven year old man. It's got 40K original miles on the 3.0L and is 2WD. This is actually my first post, I found this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad