• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Evan

Tool to run MagicJack as a Windows Service

This tool is designed to remove the annoying MagicJack UI from the desktop and run your MagicJack behind the scenes as a Windows service. It is totally automated and only takes a few seconds to run. It has been tested with Windows 7 and Vista, but should work on all versions of Windows runnng...
  2. Evan

Fuel leak

I started my truck up today and noticed fuel pouring out the bottom. Tracked the leak down to the fitting that connects the pressure regulator to the return line. I don't know anything about that fitting. How do I disconnect it from the FPR? Can it be fixed? Help! (Pic below)
  3. Evan

Manual vs power doors

How easy is it to swap a manual mechanism into a power window door, on a 1991 Explorer?
  4. Evan

Ackerman steering principle

Is there a difference between the steering knuckles on a 2dr Explorer and a 4dr Explorer? Technically, there should be, right? In order to get the ackerman angle correct, you would need different knuckles since the wheelbase lengths are different.
  5. Evan

Leaky front seal on M5OD

Last night there was a puddle of ATF on the ground under my truck. The source was the bellhousing. It looks like my input seal is going bad on my M5OD. Couple Questions: If a bad input bearing ruined the seal, where can I buy a replacement bearing? I found the seal at Autozone for $10 but I...
  6. Evan

Play in balljoints with 2-piece alignment bushings

I installed some two-piece 4 degree alignment bushings on my Dana 35. Yesterday I noticed a bunch of play in the top of the knuckle. I thought it was bad upper joints, but realized the shaft of the balljoint is not being clamped enough....it is loose within the bushing. Even if I crank the pinch...
  7. Evan

Noise from rear end

Last time I had my rear end apart I noticed some rust on the carrier. So I added several cups of sand to the gear oil, figuring the abrasive properties would clean the rust off. After a few hundered miles my rear sounds like a hellicopter. Did the sand somehow damage it??
  8. Evan

Got a Teksid block in my 2001 Cobra!!

Just checked and my Cobra was one of the 2001s that received the stronger Teksid block, instead of the weaker Windsor Aluminum Plant (WAP) block. The Teksid can handle up to 900 HP with little or no modification. I doubt I'll ever get to that level though.
  9. Evan

PPI of softride coils

Does anyone know what the PPI rating is on a set of Skyjacker softride springs?
  10. Evan

More flex from leaf springs

Would you get more flex from RBV leaf springs by removing the bottom leaf, and then installing a longer shackle? There are always discussions on coil-spring flex, but what are the options for better leaf spring flex?
  11. Evan

Lunchbox locker problems in cold weather

If it's cold out, (10 F or lower) my rear Lockrite locker will often not engage when I'm just starting out in the morning. The driveline will just spin, sometimes with a faint popping noise in the rear. When this happens, I have to put it into reverse for a second, or feather the throttle to get...
  12. Evan

Taxes

Did my taxes last night. I've moved up well into the 25% bracket. For the first time, I actually had to pay the government $800 in addition to the thousands of dollars they held from my paychecks in '08. Add in state taxes, sales tax, gas tax, capital gains tax, corporate tax, etc. and it seems...
  13. Evan

Camber bushings

Is there an auto parts store that sells camber bushings that are more extreme than that of my stock Explorer ones, or do I have to special-order them online?
  14. Evan

Engine won't run without throttle help on startup

When I start my engine, it starts and then several seconds later will stall unless I get on the gas. When it warms up, it will run on it's own but the RPM is real low (300-500). Could this be the IAC? I cleaned it, but maybe it's still not functioning?
  15. Evan

Question for fuel sending unit experts

I recently purchased and installed a 20 gallon aluminum fuel cell. It came with a 0-90 ohm sending unit. I connected the two fuel gauge wires to the two leads on the tank sending unit. When topped off, the gauge reads a totally empty tank, which means 0 ohms of resistance between the two poles...
  16. Evan

Fuel system questions

I am looking at upgrading to a 20 gallon in-cab aluminum fuel cell with an external pump. I notice many of the tanks say "Foam filled" under the specs. What does that mean? Also, can I use just an inline pump after the tank? Or do a need a booster pump at the tank to get the fuel to the inline...
  17. Evan

Stock body mounts

Does anyone know how tall the stock body mounts are on a 1991 Explorer Sport? Are they all the same height?
  18. Evan

More upgrades to the Explorer!!

I haven't actually done any work yet, as I'm still waiting for all my parts to come in, but I figured I'd start the thread and let you guys know what I'm up to. I'll be removing my progressive body lift that starts at 3" in the front and goes to 0" in the rear. It's going to be leveled out to a...
  19. Evan

5.5" Superlift question

I bought this 5.5" Superlift. I plan on using 4.5" ZJ springs with some spacers for about 3.5" of lift. Since the brackets are for a 5.5", can I just move the pivot bolts up to the top hole on the brackets? From the pics it looks like there's an extra hole there.
  20. Evan

Superlift radius arm mounts

I just bought a 5.5" Superlift kit with extended arms, but the kit does not contain the mounting brackets for the radius arms. Is there somewhere I could buy those?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad