• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 98 f150 imrc

Just pulled the codes 1537 and 1538 out of my F150 4.2 v6. I am unsure where to start. Any advice would be great. Meanwhile I will be looking at the vacuum lines.
  2. Duratec "TICK" .. What is really going on?

Thats a great find. Mine has this exact issue. What is the fix? A new manifold? or is there a way to repair it?
  3. help me out please

im looking to buy used wheels today to get rid of my steelies. i would prefer the 15s as i can just swap my tires. will these mustang wheels fit without me having to modify? its probably a dumb question as ive seen mustang wheels on rangers but i just want to be sure. idk whether to go with...
  4. no duratec info in tech library?

yea i get you. Not that it matters much but I have a friend who works at auto zone and gave me the haynes manual so another option for you could be to message me and i can send you a pic/scan of the info you want.
  5. no duratec info in tech library?

were you looking for something in particular? perhaps i can help.. im not the "know it all" but by probing I or someone else may be able to guide you in the right direction
  6. Fan clutch replacement

just a small recap.. turned out that i indeed needed a new fan clutch as i was able to stop it with one finger at idle. In laredo, tx temperatures are commonly above 100 degrees after changing it i noticed no difference in the temperature.. it stayed at 240 both with worn and new part. only...
  7. high mileage

130k on the 03 2.3
  8. stock air boxes??

cool! thanks how did you plug the holes.. or did you replace the pipe?
  9. stock air boxes??

thank you! yes, air mufflers. what purpose do they serve other than that purpose of muffling air.. does it rob performance at all?
  10. stock air boxes??

i have the stock intake on the 2.3 but noticed 2 extra boxes/reservoirs along the intake tube.. are these really necessary? i saw no sensors on them. would putting a straight pipe to the airbox be more efficient for the airflow? has anyone removed them or plugged them up? lmk people... im...
  11. Fan clutch replacement

i have a 2.3 5 speed and wanted to know if anyone has replaced the fan clutch for an electric fan thus cutting down on parasitic loss of the motor. Just something i thought about as im sure i need to replace it. any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
  12. New to the scene

Hey guys. Im new to the ranger scene and just picked up a 5 speed single cab 2wd 2.3L. Its an ok lil truck.. I also have a GTO but i dont plan on using it much for now. the truck is an ok daily but i want more power. i am very interested in a v8 swap (ls1/2 preferably). what is the easiest...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad