• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Die.Fledermaus

Tee style trailer adapter 1986 B2

I’m going blind searching for a simple tee trailer light breakout for trailer adapter. Keyword searching doesn't seem to work for me as the hits all seem to be for full size or ranger only including ones that look wrong. What I need is one that fits 1986 Bronco 2 This style, I am willing to...
  2. Die.Fledermaus

Retaining clip Dana 28

Part #63 as seen here https://therangerstation.com/tech_library/pdf_documents/Dana_Ford_28.pdf I know what it fits, and it is C shaped, and is a retaining ring but I can’t find a source for them.
  3. Die.Fledermaus

215 Small Swampers?

I’ve been hating the 205/75-15 Liberators I run now and been looking for another AT’ish tire to replace them….but am starting to think the slightly more aggressive. I like the stock alloys, tall skinny, this is a dual purpose driver capable of making to any mall (not that I have tried) yet go...
  4. Die.Fledermaus

Side Glass Replacement

So during the last batch of winter storms a 12ft section of madrone broke out my side glass on my 87. Googling/searching I didn’t find much other than they unbolt, use some special tape, then bolt it back in. No one seems to offer the OEM optional ‘84 tool free removable glass or a blanking...
  5. Die.Fledermaus

Lift Pump Checking?

I have the neighbors 1987 B2 in my yard with no fuel pressure. It did squirt/dribble when I tried the test valve, but not enough to run a test gauge. The fuel layout appears to be; Rear bumper --> Lift pump in tank --> fuel not filter/surge puck --> HP pump --> in line can filter --> test port...
  6. Die.Fledermaus

Roof rack, the simple pedestrian kind

Roof rack install hardware? I have a project I want to test, ~50 watts of solar panel to augment long parking times and playing with RC cars far into the woods, or just leaving the doors open on nice days. I don't need or want the off road/ zombie apocalypse / in fashion now fuel mileage...
  7. Die.Fledermaus

B2 Rear Wiper Clocking?

So my rear wiper works as in it will swing the arm and squirt, however it doesn't really touch the rear glass with the wiper blade. I have made some clocking changes to the big nut and pin but have not found a sweet spot. In a move of brilliance, I looked at a nearby second gen B2 with that...
  8. Die.Fledermaus

Color code help, which Red & Tan

I want to do some spot repair and was hoping to use rattle can paints, but I have no idea what the paint code should be. What I know; VIN is useless, unless Kentucky is handy to know Door Jam sticker is missing I suspect Eddie Bauer Trim What I can't figure out is what Red and Tan it should...
  9. Die.Fledermaus

Which winch on dolly?

So I just acquired an old tow dolly, not bad but not great other than being the exact size I wanted. But something occurred to me during the first use, not everything is self propelled. Lucky for me I have a few inexpensive winches collected over the years that I never use; SuperWinch -...
  10. Die.Fledermaus

Code 84 EGR & fast idle 2.9

I got this b2 a year ago and have been fighting a fast idle/poor off idle performance. In the beginning no codes were set but it always idled too high and bench testing the EGR valve revealed that it flowed both open and closed. Also using a beer can to block dropped the idle to normal. Simple...
  11. Die.Fledermaus

FM145 half moon?

I just pulled the pan on my FM145 and was a little surprised to find parts that might make a half moon? I was expecting dirtier oil (unknown maintenance) with a smattering of gear teeth. I knew it had a couple issue when I got it had; 5th was bad, symptoms at idle clutch released = no movement...
  12. Die.Fledermaus

Speedo Lube?

I have an intermediate noise that sure sounds like it is coming from the cable or speedometer. The needle and odo seem fine, so I am hoping that a little maintenance is all I need. Is there a preferred lube for this?
  13. Die.Fledermaus

Marking Wire Rope?

I have been doing a bit of winching lately and it occurred to me it would be handy to mark the cable every 20ft or so. I have some nice goo type shrink wrap (adhesive lined) or just random rattle can paint or 1-shot. What would one use to put very visuals 2-3 inch marks in wire rope?
  14. Die.Fledermaus

2” front receiver mount?

I'm starting a mount inside the front bumper that will be offset slightly (to avoid stock sheet metal) to hold a generic 2” receiver and a electrical quick disconnect. There will be no body lift. Now the frame is C shaped and about has holes about 28” apart, before I go to the new&used metal...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad