• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 3.0 has single miss after changing gears/sudden acceleration

Update on the situation. I got a known good computer from a 94 3.0 ranger (automatic with EGR). The single misfire is still there after a gear change. It did show the check engine light so I scanned it and the only codes shown were automatic trans and EGR which my truck did not have from the...
  2. 3.0 has single miss after changing gears/sudden acceleration

Anybody else have an idea what it might be?
  3. 3.0 has single miss after changing gears/sudden acceleration

Yeah I'm still using the 93 computer. I forgot to mention in the original post that there hasn't been any check engine lights. I got one of those old OBD1 ford scanners, it didn't show any codes. The scanner had a test mode that would go through and shut off each injector while running, it also...
  4. 3.0 has single miss after changing gears/sudden acceleration

Ive got a 93 Ranger 3.0 V6 5 speed 4x4 with 314,000 miles. After blowing a head gasket in the original engine at 302,000 miles, I found a 3.0 from a 2001 Ranger with only 60,000 miles for a steal of a price. I used the long block from the 01 and put my 93 ignition system on it since it uses a...
  5. 3.0 miss while shifting

I've got a 93 ranger 5 speed 4x4. Last fall, I cracked the block on the old engine so I replaced it with a 2001 3.0 from a wrecked truck with 60,000 miles. I converted the new engine back to OBD1 since the truck is wired for a distributor. Engine fired right up on first try and I've been driving...
  6. 93 3.0 heating troubles

So for the last 2 weeks my truck was only heating to about 160 degrees so I decided to put a hotter thermostat (195) since the old one was 180 degrees and NOT stuck open. After the 195 degree thermostat was put in, I started the truck to check for leaks and to ensure everything was functioning...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad