• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2kxlt3.slow

C6 or 4r70w

Im working on getting all the parts together to do a v8 swap in my 2000 ranger XLT, i picked up a 2000 mountaineer to cannibalize for parts but it was AWD and my build is staying 2wd, so my question is do i stay with the 4R70W the harness is wired for or switch to the C6 which i believe is all...
  2. 2kxlt3.slow

Planning to rebuild 4R70W

In the near future im planning on rebuilding my 4R70W trans for my motor swap build, and im trying to do as much research as possible before starting, ive been reading and looking around but havent really found what i was hoping to. I bought a book thinking it was gonna be like a manual but it...
  3. 2kxlt3.slow

302 tunning question

Im currently working on building a 302 to put in my 2000 ranger and im wondering what the best route would be for tunning. the motor,trans, wiring computer everything is out of a 2000 explorer, and going into same year ranger so should be the simplest of engine swaps as far as my research has...
  4. 2kxlt3.slow

Doing V8 swap need help

i have a 2000 xlt 3.0 that i am swaping in a v8 from a 2000 mercury mountaineer, the problem i have is that my truck is 2wd and the mountaineer is AWD, i am wanting to stick with 2wd sense im trying to build a prerunner, with that what vehicle can i get a trans from that will play nice with the...
  5. 2kxlt3.slow

need help finding correct trans

I am currently doing a v8 swap on my 2000 xlt ranger i have the donor vehicle a 2000 mercury mountaineer 5.0 the problem is that the donor is AWD and i need RWD the trans should just be a 4r70w but when i called my local salvage yard they informed me that there are sevral model numbers of that...
  6. 2kxlt3.slow

motor swap newb

so ive been doing a bit of research lately for motor swap info but cant seem to find anything talking about newer rangers. ive got a 2000 xlt 3.0 and looking to swap for a 99 or 2000 explorer 5.0 with trany, local salvage yard told me aproximatly $1300 for ecm motor trans and engine harness...
  7. 2kxlt3.slow

Im new

So as i said in the introduction thread i just picked up a 2000 XLT 3.0 with 128.000miles, ive sense changed trans fluid & filter motor oil & filter spark plugs K&N cold air intake radiator flush underdrive crank pully elecric fan and running 31 10.50 15 tires still waiting on mail for the...
  8. 2kxlt3.slow

im new

Names Jack IM 28 from warrensburg Missouri recently purchaced a 2000 3.0 XLT ranger, and sense been fixing the crap outta it, P/O neglected the truck in a huge way so ive been busy. still haveing some issues tho so ive been searching this forum for answeres with no luck so thought id join. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad