• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Freshly rebuilt 95 4.0 Running Extremely Rich

Has anyone had trouble with the Comp Cams 410 cam on the stock EEC-V computers? After a few minutes running my rebuilt motor it's incredibly rich, pouring fuel out the exhaust. I just reassembled my '95 block with new rings, new rod bearings, new lifters, pushrods, and rockers. Reman heads...
  2. 300k Mile Rebuild Parts List

So after 295,000 miles my '95 4.0 is only running on 4 cylinders. I pulled the engine this week and confirmed I have burnt exhaust valves, and zero compression in cylinders 1 & 3. I still have more checking to do this weekend, but rod journals look pristine, with only slight discoloration on...
  3. What to part out on 83 2.3L 4x4?

What would you guys grab for parts before getting rid of an 83 2.3L 4x4 long bed? My stable consists of the 83, and also a '95 4.0 4x4 daily driver and an 84 2wd. The 83 has been sitting in my back yard for about 3 years with a blown head gasket, cracked exhaust manifold, and when parked it...
  4. Ugh! Any sympathizers replacing cam sync?

Thanks to everyone here and a big kudos over on the Explorer forums for great pics and instructions on replacing the cam synchronizer on my '95 Ranger 4.0L. All I can say after the experience is what a PITA. I know I'm not the fastest shade tree mechanic, but 10 hours over several days was not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad