• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MagnaV30

Gen 1 / 2 LED tail lamp conversion (Very pic intensive)

Original Poster - MagnaV30 Difficulty - Its up there, 7/10, mostly patience. Time for install - 10 - 16 hours / side Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this...
  2. MagnaV30

Structural / Alternator question.

Okay, so I am Upgrading from the OEM G2 alternator on my 2.9 in my ranger, up to a G3 ford alternator. Also, from 75 amps, to 130 amps. Which requires more than a single 3/8" V belt to transfer that much horsepower. So, time to play with belt setups. Okay, so here is a portion of my engine...
  3. MagnaV30

CB in ashtray

I saw a picture of this a while back, basically its a fullsize CB unit that a member here mounted in where the ashtray is on a Gen 2. Anyone know who this is, or have any pictures of it? I want to relocate my CB unit to there and could use some inspiration.
  4. MagnaV30

Driving Lamps

Im looking for new driving lamps for my Ranger, as the ones I have are ancient and the reflectors are degrading in them. Also, the bulbs are H2, meaning they have a lateral mount filiment and are a royal pain in the bottom to find. I looked at Hella, but didnt see anything that was quite what I...
  5. MagnaV30

Firestone Winterforce

Okay, so I know that its a bit early to be searching, but im not one to procrastinate. Looking for a set of dedicated winter rubber, and want some opinions. Im not looking for an all season, as I run Nexen N3000's most of the year. However, those wont suffice in the winter months. Previous...
  6. MagnaV30

Gen 2 Headlamp repair

After a while I have noticed that a few Gen 2's have developed a condensation issue inside the headlamps due to a leaking seal between the refractor lens and the reflector housing. So, lets fix that shall we? The problem: Okay, so we must separate the Refractor from the reflector. Some...
  7. MagnaV30

Gen 2 Headlamp repair

Original Poster: MagnaV30 Difficulty: 1 out of 10 Time to Repair: 1 - 2 Hours (mostly spent on lens removal) Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification...
  8. MagnaV30

Picked up some new wheels.

Picked up a set of Eagle alloys wrapped in Nexen N3000's. I love them over the stocker 8 hole aluminums.
  9. MagnaV30

Clarion Sub

I just recently acquired a Clarion 12" Sub Model number PXW 1251 Im building a blowthrough enclosure since I dont have the room inside the cab for this sub (or any others that I want) The enclosure will be tuned to 33Hz I want to have round ports, I know that a single port 3.75" dia must be...
  10. MagnaV30

Lube Filters

Now, I feel this is too vague for any particular forum, so I threw it here. So, im trying to change Lube filter brands, however it doesnt seem that any filter manufacturers will actually admit the actual size of the filter media (as in size of particles the media will allow to pass). They spout...
  11. MagnaV30

Centre Console custom edition.

Made this console about a year ago, mostly to fulfill my need for a cup holder, and as an excuse to relocate some switches closer to within arms reach. So, thought I would share. Thoughts and questions more than welcome.
  12. MagnaV30

Wheel Bolt pattern

Does anyone know if a 5 X 120 wheel will fit on a 5 x 4.5?
  13. MagnaV30

Tires

Well, I have been running Michelins LTX M/S for a couple years now, and have been extremely pleased with them. However, recently gouged a sidewall, Not enough to slice through, but enough to make me not want to run the tire anymore. Now for the issue on hand. The LTX M/S has been discontinued in...
  14. MagnaV30

Driving Tunes

What do you listen to while cruising around, or racing around?
  15. MagnaV30

Hella 550 Fog lamps

So, just got a set for my truck, mounted them and they work freaking awsome, even in pea soup. Now for the problem.... tonight took a rock to one of them and took out the lens. So, anyone know if a guy can get just the lens and reflector unit without the rest of the lamp? Thanks in advance -Nick
  16. MagnaV30

The gun thread...

Im going to go fairly basic for my first gun with a springfield M1A
  17. MagnaV30

Fuel Tanks

Not a clue as to the "proper" place to post this..... but anyways.... Some rangers i have seen out there have dual fuel tanks.... i assume they mounted the rear tank behind the rear axle, between the frame rails.... so, where did they mount the spare tire?
  18. MagnaV30

High idle

While driving, motor develops high idle, almost as if throttle cable was sticking. Does eventually (30 secs - 1 min) come down to regular idle speed. Checked throttle cable, free and moves through complete range. Checked throttle butterfly, free and moves through complete range. Suspect...
  19. MagnaV30

2.9 cam

I have very little experience selecting cams, but wish to put a little hotter cam into my 90' 2.9. I found 3 RV grinds from CamCraft H39-9802 Adv Dur: 248 / 252 , .050 dur: 198 / 202 , Lift: 405 / 412 , LSA: 109 H39-0206 Adv Dur: 252 / 256 , .050 dur: 202 / 206 , Lift: 412 / 412 , LSA: 110...
  20. MagnaV30

Dual Altenators

While surfing the tech library i came across this picture of a 2.9L in a RBV that has dual Altenators. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/K_N_airfilter.html Now i have an alt kicking around out of a 95 E-350 with a 7.5L that i would like to put in my ranger but have questions that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad