• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tony Raine

Anyone use an "Early Bronco"-type transmission mount?

The running gear i have in my 84 BII originally came from an 76 or 77 bronco. The PO bought the AA adapter to mate an np435 to the stock EB T-case. So now i have this funky mount with 2 bushings that sit at an angle, unlike the other trans with a nice flat mount. I already have a new set of...
  2. Tony Raine

Ranger Diesel Q: Can the block be sleeved?

My boss knows where a ranger diesel is sitting. It was parked in a field 15+ years ago with no hood and no air cleaner. Today he asked me what I knew about them. I showed him the specs in the tech library, and a few threads I found in a search. Its a non-turbo perkins 2.2 in a 2wd ranger...
  3. Tony Raine

Quick Q: outer axles the same on TTB and Solid 44?

long story short, i know a guy that has a complete FW 44/9 combo. his friend wants everything from knuckles out for his drum brake 44 i have a fw solid 44 with no shafts, and outer shafts from a TTB 44 ultimate goal is to piece together a "disk brake conversion" for his friend, so i can get...
  4. Tony Raine

New cap for the F150

I love it! truck rides smoother and quieter too. its a Leer 100 xl
  5. Tony Raine

Building frame from scratch? Input desired

Its cold outside, and my B2 is outside. Time to daydream.... Inside, where its warm. I know my stock frame is not going to last forever. I also know that it looks like 2 wet noodles were used as a model for its creation. So I have decided to design a replacement frame. Something simple...
  6. Tony Raine

Just what I need, another project

a friend of mine picked up a couple dirtbikes out of a guys barn. he kept 2 for himself (a ktm and a newer honda 70 for his son), and sold me the old one. its a suzuki 125 "prospector" on/off road motorcycle. its around a 1975 model. paint's good, chrome has some surface rust. 4 speed with...
  7. Tony Raine

Clutch replacement question for v8/np435 combo

pretty soon i will be pulling the '77 302 and np435 for the last time before it goes in for good. before i put it back in, i figure i might as well throw on a new clutch and throwout bearing, but i have very little knowledge in this area. -is there a specific clutch and throwout bearing for...
  8. Tony Raine

Big old ramsey winch?

Friend of mine has a big, old ramsey winch that he doesn't need. anyone know anything about them? the motor doesn't mount right off the spool, it has this weird ovalish housing that the motor mounts to. next time i'm over there, i'll dig it our of the back of his shed and get some pics. he...
  9. Tony Raine

Radius arm bracket location - FW SAS

swapping a 78-79 FW dana 44 into my '84 Bronco II I am needing some advice on how to make sure the holes i drill for the radius arm brackets are in the right place. on the driver's side, i found this hole that puts the axle right under the coil bucket (as measured with a homemade "plumb bob")...
  10. Tony Raine

Quick Q: Direction of 'stang mounts

Stud toward the front or rear? 84 BII, 302 swap, '85 stang 'vert mounts. searched a bunch of threads, but "stang mounts" brings up a ton of reading material. Thanks!
  11. Tony Raine

Front axle: how far forward with stock steering box?

my '79 dana 44 has some aftermarket spring mounts welded on 3" behind the axle centerline. i have a feeling that this is too much for the stock steering box with a drop pitman arm. think it will work?
  12. Tony Raine

Question about installing engine/trans/t-case as a unit

So, after not being able to install everything with just the hoist, i got a "load leveler." Here is my setup: Turns out, those back chains get in the way of scooting the engine all the way back I have an engine lift plate, and the leveler came with 4 short chains with tabs. I also have...
  13. Tony Raine

"March" Serpentine Drive Brackets?

Anyone used them? HERE is a list of their products I want to convert my late 70's 302 block to serpentine drive. I have debated getting the front dress off a fox body, but have been looking at March products for a cleaner, simpler look (since i'm only running PS and ALT.) Couple questions...
  14. Tony Raine

How to strip a Bronco II

Sometimes one has to be sacrificed for the good of the rest. The victim, an '87 (i think) Bronco II with manual trans, transfer case, and hubs. Sat in a field for years with a busted back glass. Not even going to try to start the motor, not worth my time. But I will have fun tearing it...
  15. Tony Raine

from shopping cart to welding cart

found an old shopping cart (the crappy ones that are mostly plastic), cut it up, and welded it into something useful. this is after about an hour of playing around next step is places to wrap all the wires door still opens, secured from sliding on 2 sides (back, and other side). gonna...
  16. Tony Raine

Studs instead of bellhousing bolts?

So, I keep hearing about it, but how exactly do you do it? get some all-thread and cut it down, or.........? what about a lock washer behind the nut? I think i'm going to do this for all the bellhousing bolts in the brown b2 i want to sell, and my v8 for my rig. Just sounds like it would...
  17. Tony Raine

v-belt or serpentine?

i have a late 70's 302 with no front accessories. just this as you can see, i have a pretty blank canvas to work with. i'm debating between scrounging the junkyards and backyards for v-belt brackets and pulleys for PS and alternator, or swapping over to a fox body mustang-style serpentine...
  18. Tony Raine

How to "disable" steering column lock?

I need to move a few parts B2's that i have acquired, but there is a good chance i wont have keys (which is ok, because they are getting chopped up for parts) how do i unlock the steering wheel so I can turn it with the ignition off? i heard somewhere that you can stab a screwdriver down at...
  19. Tony Raine

Getting a parts rig, what to keep?

yup, found an 87 BII for $200. Its turd brown. Body has some dents, but it and the frame are solid. Good ol' southern truck (much better than my Yankee BII). overall plan is to keep the body and frame stashed "just in case" the owner was in the middle of swapping a 5-speed in place of the...
  20. Tony Raine

Uh-oh, antifreeze in oil?

yeah, so i finally got my 302 in my shed so I can work on it. i went to drain the oil that was in it, and for the first second or 2, what looked like antifreeze drained out before the oil did. pulled the oil pan (to put on the dual sump), and nothing underneath looked f-ed up. inside of pan...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad