• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tonka

I thawed out my washer fluid with methyl alcohol

... am I in trouble? Coming home from my trucking company's yard in northwest Iowa, a 535 mile trip that was about 80% snow and ice, ... I noticed my washers weren't working. I was pissed cuz I had just replaced the pump last summer. Eventually the crap on my windshield got bad enough I...
  2. Tonka

Calipers: rebuild or replace?

How easy is it to rebuild a brake caliper? Do I need any fancy tools like a cylinder hone? :icon_confused: Both of my '89's calipers are dragging. Pads look like they're in the middle of their life span, and the rotors feel smooth. I know I'm going to have a ***** of a time getting them off...
  3. Tonka

Stupid-looking owner mods

After seing the thread: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113037 , I felt the need to start a thread so we can post pictures of the most ridiculous looking modifications to vehicles that some idiot somewhere thought was "cool" or was an acceptable method of repairing...
  4. Tonka

Ford recalls a million plus F-150 and F-250s

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results.cfm?SearchType=DateSearch&date=7/31/2011&SCR323=true&summary=true Lincoln brand Blackwood model trucks, 2002 and 2003 are also included.
  5. Tonka

WTF is with Autozone's computer system?

I'm trying to find a replacement diff cover for my truck. So I go to Autozone's website and entered in my vehicle information. 1989 Ranger 2WD with 2.9L engine. It's only results were a plastic cover for an 8.8" ring gear. The stock axle is a 7.5". So I changed my vehicle to a 4 cylinder...
  6. Tonka

Rear end skips sideways on bumps

Why's my Ranger's rear end always trying to skip to the right on bumps? My theory was bad shocks, combined with the effect of having a slightly shorter axle shaft on the right. I changed the shocks, all 4 of them, took it down a crappy back-road, and it rides better but still gets sideways on...
  7. Tonka

Door Latch

Both doors on my '89 rattle on bumps. They're shut all the way (two clicks) but even after the 2nd click I can still push/pull them shut about another half inch or so. I looked at the latch from the outside. There doesn't appear to be slotted holes for adjustment. Is there any way to fix this? I...
  8. Tonka

Rim sizes

Anybody know if I can take the 15" rims off my '88 F-150 and put them on my '89 Ranger? I'm about 1100 miles away from either of those trucks at the moment. The idea, once I do all the math, is to drop my axle ratio one size, then put oversize tires on the truck to correct the final drive...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad