• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rangerslim

93 with bad engine..

Up front, thanks guys for entertaining my question. Just landed a '93 4x4 auto truck with head gasket blown. What other years 4.0 engine is a direct swap? Usually on the v8 swap forum so the direct replacement stuff is new to me. Thanks.
  2. rangerslim

Are ALL A4LD'S the same?

did a search but didn't find nothing...my buddy's got an '88 2.3 with an a4ld and he says the starter is on the driver's side....he found an '89 a4ld (so he thinks, idk) behind a 2.9 and it has the starter on the passenger side... ok, tell me what you know...:D
  3. rangerslim

Ok, so Ol' Red got the D35, finally....

Don't have a bunch of build pics...figured there's no point...it ain't nothing that's been seen before....:D Thanks for stopping bye....:icon_twisted: closing thought:why didn't I do this years ago??
  4. rangerslim

Mustang 8.8?

when i get home this evening I can pull a measurement on the old lady's mustang for you...and I think that some of them were 31 spline if I'm not mistaken.
  5. rangerslim

D44 front end trouble (PICS)

good Lord.
  6. rangerslim

Added 2 more inches of lift....

Thanks to mkpecor and some keen eyes at the junkyard.....;missingteeth; http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3113221 here is a short version of the build.
  7. rangerslim

Let's talk about tire heights......

I am trying to determine what the tallest tire my truck can handle and I've been doing some measuring......My 35 tsl's measure out around 33" tall......my buddies 38 mudders measure out to 34 1/2" tall.......and a coworker of mine has 37's that measure out to around 35" tall.....so what gives? I...
  8. rangerslim

Help me identify a lift...

I just purchased from the junkyard a d35 from a 4.0 Ranger. It had a lift on it so I got it all. I know it is a Skyjacker because the brackets are yellow. I did some measuring on the driver side pivot bracket and found that it is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches longer than the bracket on my truck...
  9. rangerslim

Picture request: Let me see your 38's...

I need to see a ranger sitting on 38's without fender trimming and how much lift it took to get there.....Thanks.
  10. rangerslim

Anybody use ladder bars???

I'm thinking of getting either the pro-comp or the L&L ladder bars cause since I put the 302/c-4 in it I am scared to death of wrapping the axle......anybody got any thoughts???
  11. rangerslim

6" coil swap question...

I already have a 4" trailmaster lift so would it be possible to install 6" coils without any problems? maybe except longer shocks? I didn't know if I had to get different brackets and what-not....thanx... side note: I have factory radius arms.....
  12. rangerslim

What is your rpm @55???

With my 302/ c-4 setup running a 4.56 gear, I am about 2700 rpm's at 55. Just wondering what everyone is running......The bottom end is great, but the gas mileage is killing me.....:D
  13. rangerslim

c-4 troubles....

Ok, here's what I got. A 1979 c-4 freshly rebuilt and in the truck. Reverse is great. Put in drive and kinda just surges and trembles until I tach it up and finally pulls off. Shifts thru the gears ok but when it gets in drive it will not stay there, drops back to 2nd unless I'm on the gas kinda...
  14. rangerslim

jumping out the fuel pump...

How do I get the fuel pump on my 89 ranger to run constantly in the run position? (for the carb?)
  15. rangerslim

My OL' Red Project.......

After years of contemplation and deliberation i have decided to go ahead with the 302 conversion in ol' red so I could get her painted this summer....I pulled the 2.9 last night, here is a few pics and will update as I go:
  16. rangerslim

Any body ever see this truck anywhere?

Here is a ranger that was for sale about 10 years ago on Ft. Bragg in N.C. I have a few pics of it and it was awesome....hated like he** I didn't buy it:
  17. rangerslim

Jumping out the clutch switch....

I need to jump out the clutch start switch for my automatic conversion. My 89 has on the switch 6 wires: 2 green, 2 purple, 1 black and 1 black/white stripe........so which ones do I put together to override it? Thanx.....
  18. rangerslim

Z-Gate shifter.....

Search function doesn't seem to be working.....so I am beginning to do my v8 conversion and just trying to nail down the specifics before I begin, so my question is will the B&M Z-gate shifter work with my application even though I have a 3" body lift? I know nothing about this type of shifter...
  19. rangerslim

Dual sump oil pan....

Does any oil sit in the front sump of the double hump pan? I am thinking of modifying my dipstick to leave it in the front of the motor (old 302) if there is any oil in the front sump to measure....thoughts???

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad