• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1986 fuel pump cycling

Been steadily working on the 1986 2.3, 5sp, 2wd project truck. It's been running awesome. We even swapped in a 8.8"/4.10 diff in preparation for a "down the road" 5.0/T5 swap...in the parts accumulation stage. But until then we are having fun rolling around in it. Anyhow...the other day it...
  2. TK5 to Mazda M50D-R1 swap?

Working on the latest 1986 2.3L, 2wd, Tk5 project. Now have it running great...or as good as a 2.3L can run. Now that the other issues are tackled, the problem of a super sloppy TK5 shifter needs fixed. I've called around and cannot find a new shifter anywhere. Since I have two parts truck...
  3. WTB: 1st gen drop coil springs

Looking for a pair of 2" drop coil springs for my latest 1stgen project. Let me know what you have. Post, PM or text me. Thanks. 724 219 8145
  4. 1986, 2.3L--runs RICH and rough idle

Working on the "new to me" 1986 Ranger. I'll try to cover all the bases to minimize possibilities. It's a 4 plug 2.3L (EFI), five speed with a LOT of new parts that were installed when I got it. The front cover and valve cover have been off. The problem....idle is rough and it belches...
  5. Another 1st gen

Back to TRS after a LONG break. The kids bugged me to get my first build out over the summer and we cruised it everywhere. Short list of parts...1985 2wd short bed, full roller 387W, Pa Comp C4, Hughes Convertor, narrowed Mopar 8.75 with 3.55's and mini tubbed. The only trip to the track in...
  6. Just another 5.0/T5 build

Started my third Ranger build a few weeks ago. I'll post pics as the build progresses. Starter truck.....1984 2wd, SB, 2.0L four speed, manual brakes and manual steering.. Bought with no intentions at all...just a parts truck. For $300 I was worth the money spent. Cap is good for my DD...
  7. 1990 2.3l valve clatter......wow

Was coming home in my 1990 2.3l truck today. About 3 miles from home I could hear a clatter starting and power started going away. I cautiously babied it home. Anything over 1/4 throttle it bogs terrible. Before this the motor was super quiet and ran flawless. Not even a sputter. I changed the...
  8. My four Rangers

This is my A#1 prize Ranger.......too many mods to list but the basics are a full roller 387W and PA Comp C4. Bought this a for a summer DD........2.3L, 5 speed, manual steering, rubber mat, but has A/C?? Odd but an awesome little truck. NO rust at all, now up to 86K miles. Then swapped...
  9. New name.......old member

For some reason I could not get my old username working....forgot the p/w and gave up. So here I am with a new name. You may remember me from this........http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122052 I still have this truck but fell off the Ranger wagon for a little while...
  10. Any Steel City Rangers??

Anyone on here from around the Pittsburgh area? I see there seems to be a large Ohio clan on here but how many folks are sitting on the right side of the state line?? I'm about an hour east of the city on Rt 22.
  11. I'm puzzled....TTB???

Ok......I'm stirring the pot on my next project and getting some ideas. Everyone, I would like you to meet "The Club". It's a 4wd 1988 Ranger, crate 302, C6, 3.73's (7.5" rear and I'm guessing D28front), and resprung rear end that is purpose build for hauling wood/coal. As with about every...
  12. Finally done.....1st Gen, 351W

It's been a long time coming. I built this truck back when dino's still roamed the earth and the internet was still in its infancy....well, ok, about 15yrs ago...and it is finally done, completed in August of 2011. I used to post around here often then faded away but figured I'd pop over and...
  13. 1989+ I-beams and offset bushing question

When reading through some old posts I think I just read that the 1989+ Ranger I-beams and 4 degree bushings can be swapped into the 1988-down trucks for a poor mans lowering kit. Is this right?? This would be a factory to factory swap with no other aftermarket parts needed?? What springs do I...
  14. Any 5.0L T-bird owners??

I managed to get another project that I did NOT need...especially since the Ranger needs a new C4. :dunno: The new toy is a 1988 Thunderbird w/ 5.0L, AOD and 8.8" rear. Only mods are true duals and ARE wheels...very dated early '90's style. It pulls smooth, rides nice and is overall in VERY...
  15. Wow...I have sheetmetal skills!!

I've been looking for a metal cowl induction hood for my '85 Ranger for a while and never seem to find anything nice. So I took it upon myself to make one. It's raised 4" in the rear. The pic is grainy...so it looks choppy. The sides are fabbed from 18ga sheet metal, welded in, dollied to...
  16. Question about "Front Brake Upgrade Sticky"

The front brake upgrade post references the swap on 87-88 2wd Rangers. My question...will the 89-9X (can't remember the exact year) I-beam swap and subsequent knuckle, spindle, twin pot caliper swap from the 9X-9X Ranger work on earlier year trucks...like the '84, '85, '86 year 2wd's also...
  17. Thinking of my next project.....aaarrghhh

I've got a very nice 1988, ext cab, 2wd Ranger sitting in the yard. The interior is excellent, cab is excellent and bed is very good. It's packin' a 2.3L, five speed.:icon_rofl: I'm thinking this would be an excellent EFI V8 candidate. My other two Rangers are V8 powered but both are carb'd...
  18. Lotsa cash spent and not making any more power??

OK...I've got some issues...other than the voices in my head!! Years ago when I first built the Ranger it would run 14.14@95mph in the 1/4 mile. The main parts consisted of a .030" over 351W, WP 2.02/1.60 heads, KB pistons, .450" lift truck cam, Edelbrock Performer intake, Prolator fuiel pump...
  19. TP Headers installed...pics

I have some video also but need to use a hi-speed to upload that. Here's the drivers side...it drops in from the top but requires the steering shaft be removed first. Also had to dent tube #2 to clear the spark plug...the plug was actually touching the header tube. OK...for some reason this...
  20. Total Performance headers installed...fit comments also!

Finally got my TP headers installed. I've been shying away from this but really needed to get it done. I've had them for a year...or more. Passenger side: This side required that I jacked the front way up to get the header in from the bottom side...installing from the top side was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad