• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0blue98

Partial rebuild question.

Can't seem to find my specific situation address on the internet. I've tried all sorts of searches but no luck. Did a budget rebuild on a 326 Pontiac with heads disassembled and cleaned, rings, bottle brush honing, new rod and main bearings, but didn't touch the cam or flat tappet hydraulic...
  2. 4.0blue98

Almost ready...

Installed thermostat this weekend since it's getting cold and there wasn't one for some reason. Staying right at 180. If I could just find a rear quarter patch panel I'd be good to go.
  3. 4.0blue98

But does it float?

Ahoy mate!
  4. 4.0blue98

Replace O2 Sensors?

Topped 200k recently on the 4.0 OHV and still put about 200-250 miles a week on it. What's the consensus on replacing O2 sensors as routine maintenance? No issues and about 19mpg right now.
  5. 4.0blue98

Shift cable at tranny removal

I'm sure it's on here somewhere but does the cable end just pop off? I'm a little worried about prying too hard on 20+ year old plastic. Trying to diagnose a stiff shifter... 5R55E btw
  6. 4.0blue98

Fun with a fuel filter

Fuel filter is stuck. Apparently the previous owner made one fit. I had the lean codes (p0171/p0174) when the weather got cold in the fall and after checking all the vacuum lines, it actually turned out to be the intake gaskets which I just changed and codes stopped except when well below...
  7. 4.0blue98

Fuel filter removal

First, 98 4L OHV. I've been a bad owner and haven't changed my fuel filter in about 50k. I tried to get the old one off and am having no luck. It has the all metal quick connects. No plastic tabs or clips or anything. Single line in and single line out. Everything in the filter vicinity is...
  8. 4.0blue98

Loud humming after using A/C for a while

I've done a search here and didn't find any related threads so thought I'd start a new one. I've got a 98 4.0 OHV that develops a loud hum after using the A/C (reg or max) for about 20-30 minutes. A/C works great all the time. Compressor cycles like always and no belt squeal (new belt too)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad