• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2002 Heater Core Replacement Guide

Original Poster: Dave18 Difficulty: 5 out of 10 Time to install: 8 hours Disclaimer: The Ranger Station.com, The Ranger Station.com Staff, nor the original poster are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the...
  2. Project Putt Putt: 2002 B3000 4x4 swap thread

I figured I'd been asking enough questions on here that I might as well post some pics about my 4x4 conversion... Here is the starting point... I learned to drive on this truck and it's been my only car since 2009. It's a 2002 B3000 "Dual Sport," which is the Mazda copy of the 3.0 Edge. When I...
  3. Manual hubs vs. live axle - worth it?

Hi everybody, I'm halfway through converting my 2002 B3000 Dual Sport (Edge) to 4x4, and it's time to decide on a hub setup. I was originally planning on using the '98-2000 CV axles and buying the Rugged Ridge manual hubs for them, but am also drawn to the simplicity and (relative) strength of...
  4. Dana 35 SLA center pin removal?

Hi everybody, I'm working on replacing the bearings and seals in a Dana 35 SLA axle housing, but I can't figure out how to get the center pin past the ring gear! This differential has a 4.10 ratio and the ring gear is huge. Like, the pin is barely visible behind it so grinding the teeth down...
  5. Manual transfer case 4hi issue

Okay, so I have finally made progress on my B3000 off road project... truck started as a manual 2wd with a worn transmission, so I've swapped in a remanufactured M5OD and added a manually shifted transfer case. Anyway I drove it for the first time today, and while low range works, when you shift...
  6. Deaver G50 details

Have many people used the Deaver G50 spring pack on a near stock application?My original spring pack is getting worn and I'd like to take the opportunity to replace it with a better pack rather than a cheap one. I know the G50 is meant for a good deal of weight but it seems like it might be the...
  7. 98+ 4wd vs 2wd Transmission Crossmember

Hi everybody, Are the transmission crossmembers different between 4wd and 2wd for a 2002? I have the M5OD. If so, how hard is it to weld/bolt on the 4wd version? I've got the 4x4 transmission and transfer case sitting in my garage ready for the swap, and I'm trying to make sure I have...
  8. Alcan Springs and Orbit Eyes

At 165,000 miles, it looks like it's about time to replace my leaf springs. I daily drive this truck and use it for camping and off road trips most summer weekends, so I'm not opposed to spending a little bit of money for good ones. I'm considering Alcan since I'm in Colorado, and I've heard...
  9. Master Cylinder Noise and Friction

Has anyone else had trouble with the OEM clutch master cylinders? I've replaced mine a couple times now. The last one I had seemed to have a valve issue, since I'd get clutch drag even after having the system bled and with no apparent leaks/fluid loss. The new one I put in doesn't do that, but...
  10. Best brand of Remanufactured Manual Transmission?

Is there any kind of consensus on the best brand of reman transmissions? It looks like Napa and Auto Parts Warehouse use Pro-King, and AutoZone seems to source from Zumbrota Bearing and Gear. Does anyone have experience with these brands? I am correct in assuming that a remanufactured trans...
  11. R8 Axle code on 2008?

Does anyone know whether an R8 axle code from a 2008 Ranger is for sure 31-spline? There is one for sale on ebay but I don't want to pay for shipping if it's a regular 28-spline 8.8". Thanks everyone!
  12. 7.5 to 8.8 swap brake reuse?

Hey guys, Does anyone know whether the 10" drum brakes from the old (2002) 7.5" axle can be reused on an 8.8 31-spline axle out of an FX4 Level-II? My drum brakes are in good shape and if I didn't have to bleed the brakes it seems like the job would be significantly easier... I heard the 8.8"...
  13. What's needed for a TrueTrac install?

Hi all, I'm installing a detroit TrueTrac in my 7.5" rear with 3.73 gears... What all would I need to buy to do this? I know I need carrier bearings and races- Do I need anything else like shims? Also, what is the best source for these parts? Thanks in advance!!
  14. New front axle: Same brakes?

Hi everyone! I'm working on collecting parts and information to do a 4x4 conversion on my 2002 Mazda B3000 DS (2wd). I have torsion bar suspension already, so I'm planning on salvaging a Dana 35 SLA to use as the front axle (hopefully a 98-00 so I can run manual hubs), but I'm not clear on how...
  15. B3000 DS 4x4 conversion

Hey guys, I'm doing some research on converting a 2002 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport from 4x2 to 4x4. I know everybody says that this is too hard to justify, and that it's better to just sell and save up for a 4x4, but hear me out :) First of all, I've heard that changing a rear-wheel drive to 4wd...
  16. Best locker/limited slip for the money?

Hi all, I have a 2002 Mazda B3000 with RWD and the "dual sport" off road suspension. I don't plan to use the truck off road very much, but I like to be able to do simple trails and the truck has to be capable of getting me to trailheads... Anyway I was thinking the best way to increase the off...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad