• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. HRTKD

Loose Side View Mirror

On my '91 I have the large "towing" mirrors. The mounts are OK, but the mirror pivots very loosely and I can't see a way to tighten it up. It won't stay where it's adjusted to. Any suggestions?
  2. HRTKD

Alignment Failed - Repairs Needed

I'm not sure what to think of the local Firestone. A couple of years ago they were unable to align my Nissan Titan because of the "big tires" - which were OEM. Yesterday they said they couldn't align my Ranger because the tie rod ends and the pittman arm are too worn and were allowing too much...
  3. HRTKD

4.0L Catalytic Converter with JBA Headers?

I'm planning to put a set of JBA headers on my Ranger along with a cat-back exhaust. The part I'm unsure of is the catalytic converter. Is it a bolt in component or is it welded in? Is there an aftermarket replacement available for the catalytic converter? Got a part number I can use...
  4. HRTKD

Source of Smoke in the Engine Compartment?

I have the 4.0L with 194,000 miles. It was supposedly steam cleaned a couple months ago when the intake manifold was resealed and the rear main was replaced. The intake, valve covers and what I can see of the exhaust manifolds look pretty clean. There has been smoke from the engine...
  5. HRTKD

Reservoir Removal Technique?

I replaced the master cylinder and booster this weekend. The replacement parts did not come with a reservoir so I removed the old one and used it. I though for sure I was going to break the reservoir either when removing it or installing it. Is there some special trick to it? I need to...
  6. HRTKD

2 Row All Aluminum Radiator?

I'm trying to find a 2 row all Aluminum radiator. All I can find are 2 row radiators with plastic end caps or 1 rows all Aluminum radiators. Anybody have a part number for a 2 row all Aluminum radiator? Also, which thermostat should I go with? Gates lists a nomal 195° and an alternate 180°...
  7. HRTKD

Rear Axle Overhaul Cost?

I took my Ranger in to a shop to have them diagnose what I consider an excessive amount of slop in the drivetrain. When driving up a hill and I let off the gas there will be a delayed loud clunk. They came back and said that then entire rear axle needs to be overhauled. This will entail a new...
  8. HRTKD

Torque Setting for Driveline Bolts?

What are the torque settings for the bolts on the driveline? I have the three piece drive shaft on my 4x4. I need settings for: The big nut on the short shaft. The nut holds on the yoke that in turn holds on the carrier bearing. The small bolts that hold on the clips that hold on the...
  9. HRTKD

Headlight Assembly Melted

The bulb in my driver side headlight assembly must have come loose and come partially out of the socket. It then melted its way down to the base of the assembly where it is firmly stuck now. So I need a new assembly. I found some at LMCTruck and AutoPartsWarehouse but they look just like...
  10. HRTKD

Center Support Bearing Part Number?

There is a lot of slop in the rear drivetrain of my Ranger. It was suggested to me by someone I trust and who took a quick look at it that I need to replace the center support bearing as a start. The doodad between the two sections of the rear drivershaft. I think I can do this project myself...
  11. HRTKD

Washer Jet Adjustment?

Are the washer nozzle jets adjustable on a '91? I put the end of a paperclip in there to make sure it wasn't blocked and I then tried to move the jet around to adjust where it was shooting (washer fluid shooting over the cab and into the bed doesn't do my windshield much good). Neither jet...
  12. HRTKD

Rear Sag?

Yes, I've read the posts that the driver side supposedly sags due to driver, gas tank, etc. That said, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case on mine since mine isn't like ANY body elses. (yeah, right) My suspension is completely stock except for the shocks which have have been replaced with...
  13. HRTKD

Clankety-clank only uphill?

While idling (at at higher RPM's) I hear a clankety-clank from the bottom of the engine around the oil pan - maybe a little forward of the pan. But only when parked facing uphill. On a level surface or even pointing downhill the sound goes away. It sort of sounds like ball bearings are stuck...
  14. HRTKD

Door Adjustment

The passenger side door on my extended cab needs to be adjusted and I don't know how. The top of the door at about ear height sticks out just far enough that the rubber seal is allowing noise to come in. If I push on the door from the outside it seals up OK. I don't see an adjustment bumper...
  15. HRTKD

Source for Quarter Glass?

A step ladder tried to break into my Ranger and broke the passenger side quarter glass. This is the ventable glass, not the fixed glass. The local dealer says it is a discontinued part. I looked on ebay and couldn't find one that is ventable (it's hinged). I have a call out to the local...
  16. HRTKD

Bolt Size for Seat Frame?

I added sound insulating panels and new carpet to the floor. I don't think the old bolts that hold the seat frame to the floor are going to be long enough now. Can anyone tell me what size bolts these are? The helpful hardware man at Ace Hardware couldn't come up with the right one. But I...
  17. HRTKD

Rear Window Gasket Removal?

I have a project going on now where the entire interior of the cab - except the dashboard - is sitting in the bed of the truck. I'll be replacing the carpet (too moldy, musty and nasty to just clean), installing sound insulation throughout (including the roof!), replacing the sound system...
  18. HRTKD

Installing New Rear Brake Cylinders

I went to bleed the brakes and I didn't get any further than breaking off the bleeder screw of the passenger rear. I'm now getting ready to replace both cylinders. Should I bleed out the old fluid with the brake line disconnected from the cylinder? Or just go ahead and hook it up and then...
  19. HRTKD

General Maintenance Questions

I have a few questions on general maintenance that didn't seem to fit in any one topic area... The front seal on the rear differential and the rear seal on the transfer case both appear to be leaking a bit. How tough is it to replace these? I replaced the rear diff fluid about 15 months ago...
  20. HRTKD

Slow and now No Start

For the past few months my '91 Ranger has been slow to start. I don't mean that it takes a while to start, I mean that the starter seemed to be turning slow. I figured it was the battery finally dying a slow painful death. So I replaced the battery when the starter wouldn't turn the engine at...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad