• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2003 Ford 3.8 OEM Main and Rod Bearing Sizes

Hello Everyone, I know that the 3.8 wasn't used in the Rangers, but I thought someone here might know how to read what the original bearing size was in a 3.8. The mains have the following markings XX-AB 9 02 86-5. The rod bearings have these markings, XX-AB 9 02 94-6. What...
  2. In Need Of Help With 97 Ranger Automatic Valve Body

Hello All, I'm working on a 97 Ranger 4.0 automatic 4X4, and I'm in need valve body diagram for the 5R55E. Never mind, I located the information that I was looking for at WIT transmission parts. Mahalo.
  3. '96 4X4 auto, no second gear ?

Hello again, Another day another new to me Ranger. I couldn't stop myself, I tried, I really did, but one look and I just had to buy this '96 XLT 4X4 ex cab. A clean one owner with 74xxxk on the clock, and its loaded. Even has power windows, mirrors, and a 4.0 with an automatic. The problem is...
  4. 2000 Ranger, 2.5, 5 sp. DPFS Problem

Hey everyone, Hope all enjoying the new year. I just bought a 2000 Ranger and I'm getting the 1401 code for the DPFS. I replaced the sensor with a new one, and the code remains. I've cleared the code twice, so I have to believe there is still an issue. Is there some thing that I'm missing here...
  5. '96 Explorer & '99 Ranger trans interchangeable

Hello all, Just a quick question. Will the automatic transmission and transfer case from a '96 explorer work in a '99 Ranger? Both have the 3.0, and electronic shift 4x4 controls. Thanks for any help, or information.
  6. 2wd cab on 4wd frame?

Hello All, A short description of what's up. There's a '94 X cab 4x4 that was destroyed when a tree fell on it. I have a '93 2WD X cab on a truck that's not worth fixing,and I'd like to put the cab from the '93 2x4 onto the '94 4x4 frame. Before this project goes any further than the thought...
  7. In need of help with non-working '99 speedo

Hello all, I'm sitting in the truck and have hit a dead end. It's actually a '99 B3000,3.0, automatic 2 wd. The speedometer doesn't work and I've run out of things to try. So far I've checked all fuses and relays, replaced the VSS (which cured the ABS light being on). Am I missing some thing...
  8. Yet another Ranger problem

Hello all, Today I started checking over the latest buy, a '98, 2.3, 5 sp, standard cab with a 167k. The truck runs pretty good, but it has what almost feels like a crossfire when coming off an idle. This is very profound when the engine is cold. Once the engine reaches temperature the stumble...
  9. 2nd '99 3.0 with bad valve.

Hello all, I have just opened up the 2nd '99, 3.0 with the number 3 exhaust valve broken. This one was missing a good chunk. This engine is in a '99 B3000 that only has 67k on the clock. The first 3.0 I had with a bad valve was in a '99 Ranger X cab that had 112k. My question...is this a...
  10. Ranger 3.0 interchange question

Hello all, I have a '99 B-3000 that has lost compression in #'s 3 & 6. Six has zero where 3 still has 55-60psi. Its a pound vehicle so I have no history on it. The engine runs and sounds really good, except for the 2 cylinders that are missing. (no knocking etc.) There's no fluids being mixed...
  11. Ranger 3.0 interchange question

Hello all, I have a '99 B-3000 that has lost compression in #'s 3 & 6. Six has zero where 3 still has 55-60psi. Its a pound vehicle so I have no history on it. The engine runs and sounds really good, except for the 2 cylinders that are missing. (no knocking etc.) There's no fluids being mixed...
  12. Yet another new guy

Aloha to the forum, New guy from Maui just checking in with the crowd. I'm one of those guy's that believes that you should never drag home anything that you can't fix yourself, which at times leaves me in a bit of a bind because I sometimes think that I can fix more stuff than I can. Its a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad