• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Plum Ranger XLT

What age was everyone when their rangers were built

I was 32 when my 2008 Ranger came off the assembly line and I bought it new and ordered the way I wanted it.
  2. Plum Ranger XLT

Truckspotters

I know it's been awhile since I took this picture, I saw this about a half mile from where I live and I haven't seen this vehicle since I took this picture.
  3. Plum Ranger XLT

The "All Cars I Have Had List" Topic

1) 1980 Pinto 2) 1984 Ranger 3) 1987 Mustang 4) 1995 Ranger 5) 2008 Ranger (current) Ordered a 2024 Maverick and don't know when I will get it.
  4. Plum Ranger XLT

Does Ford still have rights to the Mercury name?

I got to thinking this earlier today that does Ford still have rights to the Mercury name IF Ford decides to bring the Mercury nameplate back for vehicle production?
  5. Plum Ranger XLT

Was wondering if it is true

I saw a video on youtube that Ford is bringing the Ranchero nameplate back and still be built as the car/truck hybrid and was wondering if this is true or is it just a hoax?
  6. Plum Ranger XLT

2.3L ('02-'11) How long do they last?

As I'm typing this, my 2008 Ranger is 60 miles from hitting the 200,000 mile mark and I bought my Ranger new back in 2008. I have been good about keeping the oil changed every 4,000 to 5,000 miles and was wondering how long does the duratec 2.3L last if it is well maintained?
  7. Plum Ranger XLT

Back up lights

An update about this is that it was the back up switch was bad and now I have my back up lights.
  8. Plum Ranger XLT

Back up lights

I don't know if this is the right section to put this in. I have been having an issue with my reverse lights not coming on and when they do, it is once in a while. I checked the fuse and it's good and put new bulbs in and still having an issue. So I am thinking it's the back up switch as...
  9. Plum Ranger XLT

Another Dash light bulb Question

I used 2721 in mine just like pjtoledo did in his, so yours should take the same.
  10. Plum Ranger XLT

Another Dash light bulb Question

I had to replace the bulbs in the instrument panel for my 2008 Ranger and it is not really that hard to do and I imagine the instrument panel in your Ranger is the same as mine, it is just a lot of screws you got to remove. If you do replace the bulbs yourself, take your time and it is not that...
  11. Plum Ranger XLT

Hello from Cincinnati

Welcome aboard. I'm in your neck of the woods as I live about 30 minutes from Cincinnati.
  12. Plum Ranger XLT

What is this part?

The thing on the left covers the ob2 port that is by the steering column on the bottom of the dash.
  13. Plum Ranger XLT

2.3L ('02-'11) How many hours did it take you to change timing chain on 2.3?

I have almost 194,000 miles on my 2008 2.3L and haven't had any issues with the timing chain as of yet and I have been real good of keeping the oil changed between 4,000 to 5,000 miles.
  14. Plum Ranger XLT

Flying for the first time since 2018

I haven't flown commercially since 2004 and don't know if I will again and if I do, I don't know where I will be going.
  15. Plum Ranger XLT

2.3L ('02-'11) Water pump question

My 2008 Ranger is approaching 193,000 miles and I bought my Ranger new back in 2008 and it still has the original water pump on the engine and was wondering if the water pump on the duratec engines actually last that long or have I been extremely lucky that the water pump has lasted this long so...
  16. Plum Ranger XLT

Had some tragedy

Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what that must feel like to lose a child.
  17. Plum Ranger XLT

Will it hurt my engine or not?

My 2008 Ranger 2.3L is recommended to run on 87 octane gas and have been wondering IF using 89 octane or maybe 93 octane gas for one full tank of gas will hurt it in any way? The engine has almost 189,000 miles on it.
  18. Plum Ranger XLT

I might take her on a trip.

I have been thinking about taking a five hour trip to Tennessee this week and all the local car rental places near me are out of rental vehicles and I didn't have time to get my Ranger in to a mechanic to have it thoroughly checked over and that is why that I wanted to rent a vehicle. Since I...
  19. Plum Ranger XLT

I know I'm not the only one...

Here is mine and still have my Ranger after buying it new back in 2008.
  20. Plum Ranger XLT

2.3L ('02-'11) 2.3 L I4 and camper top

I once had a 1984 Ranger that was a 2.0L 4 cylinder 4 speed short bed that I bought a used cap for the bed and I noticed there wasn't much a difference in power if at all since it was already underpowered to begin with.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad