• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rolled Ranger

How much is my explorer lifted? Need shocks

Does anybody have stock ride height specs for a 2001 Explorer sport? I Did an add-a-leaf, extended shackles and cranked the torsion bars all the way up. I now need to figure out how much it is lifted so I can get new shocks. With the rear shocks fully extended, they are barely long enough to...
  2. Rolled Ranger

31 spline L/S carrier in 28 spline 8.8?

I am picking up a L/S carrier out of an explorer for free. I know my ranger has different spline count axles but I was wondering if I could swap out the side gears in the carrier to fit my axle shafts? Is that the only difference between the two? I want to get it locked up but a free limited...
  3. Rolled Ranger

Air intake tube problem

This truck came with a 3" body lift on it when I got it. It caused the intake tube to interfere with the fan shroud. I installed an electric fan last night and now it is even worse because of the bracket that holds the fan. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there a way to modify the intake...
  4. Rolled Ranger

evan creek

Has anybody been camping at evans? I was told there is a camp ground up there. I am going up on monday and wanted to stay the night. If I am by myself I don't mind pitching a tent and camping where ever but my girlfriend will be with me and I have never been up there. What is the camp area like...
  5. Rolled Ranger

Air compressor

I have been looking for an air compressr for the house for a little while now. I just picked up a used one. It is a few years old and LOUD but I got a sweet deal on it. The guy said he hadn't used it in a year or two. I pulled the drain plug and got a little brown sludge and the about a cup of...
  6. Rolled Ranger

not sure what engine i have

I just got a new ranger last week. When I purchased it I was told it had a 2.9l. There is nothing wrong with that. It runs great and I have read good things about them. But it doesn't look like the pics in the tech library. Was there ever a distributorless 2.9? There is no veci label and it...
  7. Rolled Ranger

body lift and radiator problems

I just picked up a 91 ranger with a 2.9. I have only had it a week and noticed it has been running a little hot. Today I started looking into it and realized there is no fan shroud. All the yards will probably be closed tomorrow but first thing on tuesday I will be getting a new shroud. What is...
  8. Rolled Ranger

Different gear ratios

Has anybody head of running a lower gear ratio in the rear than in the front? A guy at school told me he had 4.11's in the rear of his truck and 3.93 in the front. Does this make any sense? Why would you do something like that? I asked him why and he just said "That what they recommended at the...
  9. Rolled Ranger

Shaft swap problem

I just put a one-piece driveshaft in yesterday and the truck drives great. There used to be a ton of vibration on take off, even after i replaced the carrier bearing. But it looks like it is too long. I think the telescoping part is totally compressed. Is this something i should be concerned...
  10. Rolled Ranger

carrier bearing replacement

The carrier bearing on my 94 ranger was totally shot so I replaced it and now it makes a horrible squealing noise as soon as you try to drive. I don't know if the yolk nut is not tight enough, or if it needs to be lined up better or what. If anybody has had this problem before i would appreciate...
  11. Rolled Ranger

What will work?

My auto tranny has gone to crap. I am looking to do a manual swap. I found quite a few threads about how to do it, but what do I look for in a donor vehicle? The truck in question is the one in my sig. Do I just need any 4x4 Ranger or Mazda with a 4.0? I read about a fm145 and m5od. Is the m5od...
  12. Rolled Ranger

Leaky Tranny

The vehicle in question is the one in my sig. Last weekend while wheeling with some guys from here somebody noticed a leak from under my truck. I stopped to find a small puddle in the dirt and a little trail leading down the hill I just came up. Engine oil was fine and when I started the truck...
  13. Rolled Ranger

Carrier bearing?

My truck has huge vibration and noise when you take off from a dead stop until you get up to about 15mph, but it is not as bad if you take off slowly. I was told that I need a 1-piece driveline to fix the extreme angle caused by the 8" lift. I think the carrier bearing might be shot, there...
  14. Rolled Ranger

oil leak

Ok, so i have a dana 30 out of an '01 tj in the front. This is my first 4x4 and dont have a whole lot of experience with this stuff. The spot where the little shaft comes out of the diff is leaking gear oil. I really have no idea but i think it is just some kind of a simple problem with an oil...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad