• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mountainkowboy

Buying "Red" Back.......

We sold Red in 2014 to our son, now thier family has out-grown the rig and we are buying it back. 1990 F350 Lariat, 460 EFI, ZF5, Camper Special. We miss having an RV. The plan is to load the Ranger up and camp on the way up with our SUV tent. I will tow the Ranger back on a dolly with the...
  2. mountainkowboy

It's Tire Time and I have questions

The tires on my Ranger are going to need to be replaced soon (225-70/15) and I want to go with one that fills the wheel well a little better. I had 31x10.50's on my 2wd 03 Edge and they fit great and didn't rub on anything. I'm thinking of going with 265-75/15's on my 11 2wd XLT, am I going to...
  3. mountainkowboy

Replacing Rear Springs

I don't know about a kidney belt, my Ranger rides more like a car than a truck and squats with anything over 250lbs in it.
  4. mountainkowboy

Replacing Rear Springs

My 2011 sits warnkie in the back and I've narrowed it down to the springs. Its 1" lower on the RR and the measured spring length is different from side to side, so I guess my springs are worn out, or at least the right one is. It also doesn't really sit higher in the rear as it should. So...
  5. mountainkowboy

Tailgate differences?

I thought my tailgate was bent/bowed slightly, checked it today with a straight edge and its now. I bought a cheap camper shell that needed some repairs and finally got it on the truck, only to find out that the tailgate isn't flat on the outside. There is a slight arch to it, so the rear...
  6. mountainkowboy

Bent Wheel

Took the Ranger into my local trusted shop for an alignment and tire rotate and balance. While on the way home from buying it (a week or so ago) I noticed it pulled right slightly and there was a bounce at certain speeds. Alignment was off a bit and all the tires needed to be balanced. The LR...
  7. mountainkowboy

2011 4.0 Idle shake

Just got this and I've noticed that when warmed up and idling it has a miss or shake. 52K on the clock and I need to get an idea of where to start...no codes or drivability issues, just an irritating shake. Any ideas of where to start?
  8. mountainkowboy

Got another Ranger

Been a LONG time since I've been on here, sold my Edge in 2010 and haven't been on since. Just bought another one...2011 4.0 S/C 4x2 with 50K on the clock. It's in decent shape, just needs some good cleaning and some paint work on the faded trim. Bought it mainly to be towed behind a...
  9. mountainkowboy

It just quit!

Ok, heres the deal, its gettin close to winter and I figured I should fix the heater fan in the old 86 since it stopped. I go to the local autoparts store and get a replacement motor and install it and now she wont start!! I had to pull the air cleaner to do it and I have checked the wiring and...
  10. mountainkowboy

4WD convertion

OK, I havent started gathering parts yet, but I thought I'd run it by the experts first. My 01 Edge is basically a 4wd without the front axle and T-case right? So how hard would it be to make it a 4wd? Axle/crossmember, half shafts, spindle & hubs, and a t-case right? Or would it be easier to...
  11. mountainkowboy

86 Fender flares

Does anyone know if cut-out fender flares are still made for the beast? I went back to stock fenders so that I had inner fender wells, I've trimmed the fenders sothat the tires dont hit but there throwing crap all over the side of the truck. I've found no-cut bushwackers, but those arent gunna...
  12. mountainkowboy

Radiator Help

OK, here we go, my 86 is starting to have cooling issues. The only radiators I can find are 1 row factory style replacements. Is there any place that makes a "desert cooler" radiator for it or a larger one? Any help would be great!
  13. mountainkowboy

Hard Start

Ok, its buggin me, I have a 01 Edge with a 3.0 and it is a pain to start after it sits for a few hours. If you just turn the key it spins for awhile before it starts, maybe 8-10 seconds. Now if I spin it for a second, then shut it off, and try again it starts right up.................whats up...
  14. mountainkowboy

01 Edge ??'s

I just got an 01 Edge and it had a little front end damage that I'm trying to redo and I have a few questions. The header panel is cracked/broke on the right side and I found a new one on ebay that says 01-03 with 02 headlight mount. Doesnt an 01-03 use the same headlight? So if not whats the...
  15. mountainkowboy

Different Trade

Well if you remember, I origanally was trading my 94 Wrangler for a 96 S-cab 4x4. Well that deal didnt go through, but I did make a trade tonight. The Wrangler for a 2001 2wd S-cab Edge.............straight accross! Dont get me wrong the deal was fair cause the Edge needs a few things. It was...
  16. mountainkowboy

WooooHooooo

I just made a deal to trade my 94 Wrangler for a 96 S/C Ranger XLT 4x4, 5sp!!!! Is there anything I need to know about these years? Weaknesses and the such. Here's a pic
  17. mountainkowboy

Strange Fuel Issues

OK, here is what it does; when you first turn on the key you get a fuel pump whine and all is good. But lately all goes well for awhile and then it just dies. Driving or at an idle, if I try to restart it I get no fuel pump whine and it tries to run but wont. If I let it sit for 5 minutes or so...
  18. mountainkowboy

Thinkin about a change

Been thinkin about sellin all of the trucks and buyin a new 08 Ranger 4x4, any thoughts?
  19. mountainkowboy

A4ld ?

So really, how bad is this tranny? Are there any issues that I need to be aware of?
  20. mountainkowboy

Re-Newb

I had an account on the old forum, but I guess it disappeared. 86 Ranger 4x4 S-cab XLT basically stock with a James Duff long arm and rear springs.:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad