• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Swapped front brake rotors. Studs on the new rotor are shorter than OEM.

A couple of years ago, a neighbor was moving and he gave me some brand new brake rotors that he's purchased a year or to prior. I verified the part numbers and they were listed to fit my truck, so I kept them on a shelf until yesterday. After installing them I was putting my lug nuts on and...
  2. Clutch master cylinder leaking?

A little about the truck...08, 110,000 miles. It's getting harder to get it into 1st gear when I get ready to take off. Once I get going and shifting, it's fine. If I'm at a stand still, I goes into reverse with no problems. I initially thought that the clutch hydraulic system might need to be...
  3. 100,000 mile service.

I'm at 97,000 miles and thinking about 100,000 mile service. The truck is a 2008 with 2.3 4 cyl, manual trans, 2wd. One thing I didn't find in my owner's manual or Clymers is the spark plug type. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Also, anything I might be forgetting to do at...
  4. 21 days till it's done. Adios US Rangers.

I'm on my 4th. Ranger. Purchased my first one in 1987. Had a 1997 that I purchased new and got 12 years of good service out of it as my daily driver. I now have a 2008 and expect to get the same kind of service out of it. Just won't know what to do when I wear this one out. :)
  5. Throttle by wire? 08 Ranger

I've been reading about Toyota's issues with the sticking accelerator pedal (as most have seen by now), some sources mention that the problem is actually in the "fly (err throttle) by wire" system Toyota is using and doesn't have anything to do with floor mats. I have an 08 Ranger with 2.3 and...
  6. 2008 Ranger REAR inner splash guards

I have an 08 4x2 that's kicking up stones from the REAR tires. I live on a gravel road and I need to help protect my truck a little more. This is causing little dings to appear at the top of my truck bed from underneath. I'm worried about this turning into a rust problem where the stones are...
  7. What kind of hitch do you use?

I just bought my 4th. Ranger, an 08 with 2.3, 5 spd manual. I'm going to throw a hitch on it, leaning towards a class III bolt on type. I know it's only rated for 1500 lbs, which is fine...I'll never tow anything over that because I have an F250 for my heavier towing duties. I just want to...
  8. 97 Ranger speedometer not working

I've got a 97 Ranger 4 wheel drive, manual transmission. I've replaced both speed sensors, the one on the diff and then the one on the transmission. For the most part, the speedometer and odometer are still not working. Now and then it bounces up and down. Any ideas on what it might be after...
  9. Whirring noise in front of 97 4x4 Ranger

I have whirring noise in my truck that gets louder when I turn to the right, it also becomes more noticable when slowing down. It almost sounds like some off road tires we've all heard before. I don't have tires with agressive lugs, so I don't think that should be the cause? I replaced my old...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad