• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tickin gone!

My son bought a '90 2.9 recently that was SPORATICALLY ticking. So, (now this is going to show my age...read-dinosaur!) I figured we'll just pull the thing apart, put new lifters in. Well, here's where my age shows- I'm used to taking the tappit covers off old 360/390's etc and droppin lifters...
  2. Rebuild kit?

My stepson has a 1990 2.9 that still runs, but tired. Going to pick up another runner and overhaul it, that way his truck wont be down for more than a day to do the swap, and he can learn how and what is in the engine. Does anyone have a line on a master rebuild kit (cam included) for a good...
  3. Tickin' 2.9

My son bought a 1990 2.9 5spd 4x4 recently. It has about 170,000 miles,nothing done to the engine. It started ticking intermittently lately. Fine on highway, but starts when in town. It gets pretty loud once in a while. The motor runs perfect. Starts good(-25) doesn't burn oil, no missing. I...
  4. RE: 2.9-4.0 in 1991 4x4

RE: 2.9-4.0 in 1991 4x4 Thanks for the replys. I knew I came to the right place! I guess, I should rethink this whole swap idea. The truck my son has, is not in the greatest cond. Its pushin 200 000 miles, and has a few other issues (rust, front end, etc.) Maybe we are better off getting him...
  5. 2.9-4.0 in 1990 4x4?

My son has a 1990 2.9 5spd 4x4. The engine is about done. What was the first year of the 4.0 and would this be the simplest swap? Are there any problem spots we're going to run into?
  6. Tire opinions?

Currently I'm running 285 16" BF T/A's on my '04 4x4. No offence to anyone that likes them, but in 25 yrs of owning trucks, they are worst tires I've ever owned. Noisy, no traction, fast wearing. My driving habits are: 50% highway 25% gravel 15% offroad 10% city So I need a real good all around...
  7. Made sacrifice to wife god!

Sacrificed the bank account to appease the wife god! 2008 4.0 5spd Auto She's happy! (waitin for warm weather now)
  8. How do you guys do it?

Here's the story...The wife and I just bought a beautiful garage with a detached house. The garage is in back of the eyesore blocking my view (sorry honey, I mean your beautiful house disrupts my view...) Anyway my problem is this...Whenever I bring home or have delivered, some much needed...
  9. How to disable ABS?

ABS does not work on gravel roads (99 percent of my driving) The sensors think that the rocks are slippery, but dont realize there is hard, good stopping traction, just underneath. I've been driving for 24 years, most of them as a trucker, and I sure don't need some hi-tech, proven on a "test...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad