• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1993 2wd Frame RUSTED THROUGH

Well, I think I'm gonna have to park the little green monster for a bit. I noticed rust holes in both of the forward leaf spring hangers in the cup above the spring eye and around the bolt. Also, on the passenger side, rust was pushing the base of the hanger away from the frame in between the...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1993 2.3L Giving trouble codes 223, 224, & 998

Just want to get some feedback from those way more experienced at this stuff than me. I Started with the KOEO test and it immediately flashed 111, then reported codes 223 & 224. Started the KOER test and it flashed 998 & 224 but never flashed the engine ID code (2) to tell me when to turn the...
  3. A/C & Power Steering Bracket Removal

Any tips for removing the A/C - Power Steering bracket from a '93 2.3L? I have three bolts out and can't see any more.
  4. Converting from Power to Manual

Thinking about converting 2.3l to manual steering. What will I need besides the box to make the change?
  5. Oil everywhere...….

Whe the timing belt broke on my 93 2.3, I had to turn the wheel several times to get it turned around and pointed back to the house. Today, while lust looking around under the hood, I noticed several things were wet on the drivers side of the engine bay. There was a puddle of fluid in the...
  6. '93 2.3L Timing Belt Broke

Getting ready to change out a broken timing belt. It let go at about 30mph while decelerating to a stop. Should I be concerned about internal damage to pistons? Does anyone know the built in advance of the cam?
  7. Source for New Transmission Crossmember

Looking for a source or two for getting a new trans crossmember for my 93 2.3l 5-speed. Anyone ever have to shop for one of these? Tried LMC Truck and no luck. Mine is rusted through the side where the rubber passes through on the drivers side.
  8. Starter randomly engages rough.

93 2.3L. The old starter started missing every so often, sometimes working fine, other times just spinning and hitting the flywheel. Put a new starter in it and still every once in a while it sounds like things aren't meshing well. Just a few minutes ago, it sounded awful and was shaking the...
  9. Why is it so hard to get this damn axle out?!

Swapping in DJM drop beams on my 93 and having a hell of a time getting the old axle out on the drivers side. Everything was going smooth until the spindle wouldn't pop out. I had to cut the end off the lower to finally get it to let go of the ball joint shaft. Removing the coil spring went...
  10. DJM 4" Flip kit ACTUAL drop?

After mocking up where the axle will be after the DJM 4in flip I measured from centerline of the axle where it IS to where it WILL BE and I got 5". Am I thinking about this correctly?
  11. HELP** I found this broken wire......

Started to change out the 2.3L ICM and found this broken wire. It's been like this for a while, I had to wipe the grime off the end to tell that a wire went there. LOL
  12. 93 2.3L NO START below 20deg F!!

My old 93 starts fine at any temp above 20-22deg F. When it gets colder than that it will crank all day but never light. I can smell the unburnt fuel and trying starter fluid does nothing. I have tested the ICM and found 1/4 side of the primary(rear) coil not getting signal. I have a new ICM...
  13. 95 Explorer 4wd Donor for 93 Ranger 2wd

I am looking at getting a rusted out 95 Explorer 4WD as a donor for a 8.8 rear swap to lower my 93 Ranger. Want to hear from all you experienced guys about what else I could salvage from this thing to use on my truck. Thanks.
  14. '93 Drop Beams

Looking to lower the Green Meanie. Have the shackles flipped on the rear for now to level things up. Want to eventually do a drop beam/drop spring combo with an axle flip/frame notch. Won't have much of a budget so used parts is an option.
  15. Hypothetically taking a 2.3L back in time.

Lets say someone wanted to take a 93' 2.3L back to a 2-barrel Weber carb and a Distributor. What steps would need to be taken to accomplish this?
  16. Handling issues....

I have a 93 Ranger 2.3l 5-speed manual with a stock 7.5 open diff and 3.45 gears. Truck has for a long time been prone to spinning the inside wheel in a semi-sharp to sharp turn (90deg) with stock size tires. Now running 30" tires and truck handles in the rain kinda like it's snow. Taking a...
  17. Intermitent bearing squeal(PS pump)?

I have a noise that sounds like a bearing squeal but it usually occurs at start up and goes away in a second or two but can last several seconds at times. It is so loud with the hood up that i can't pin-point the location but when setting in the cab it seems to be directly in front of me. I...
  18. 1993 2.3L with codes 224 & 513

Need some advice on how to go about fixing this issue. I am getting codes 116 & 114 also but I think that is due to checking while the engine was cold. Getting code 998 as well which I think means the truck is running in default mode. Truck started cranking sluggish and if it is REALLY cold...
  19. My 2.3L with MOOG cc866 coil springs...

Just installed Moog's cc866 coil springs today on my '93 Longbed 2.3L. These are rated for the 3.0 and 4.0 V6 trucks. I wanted as heavy as I could get to attempt to counter "the lean". (a battery move is next) I had read on this site that the expected ride would be much stiffer, however, it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad