• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Help -09 won't go into low range 4X4

I bought a used low mileage 09 Ranger with no owners manual. The regular speed 4X4 works with a flip of the switch on the dash. However, I can't seem to get it into low range 4X4. Is there a trick to this?
  2. The new Ranger

Still confused on the "NEW" Ranger news. I heard here that it was not to be anymore. however, just read this: The Ranger may be the most popular vehicle shutting down this year; it outsold Ford's Taurus, Mustang and Fiesta in September, and is on track to rack up 60,000 buyers this year. Ford...
  3. Is the Ranger dead or what?

I haven't been keeping up on my Ranger news and the answer is probably here somewhere, but.... Is Ford planning to quit producing the Ranger?
  4. Which octane do I use?

I am dreading the gas mileage that I am going to get on an upcomming trip with my 4.0 litre, automatic 2009 Ranger ext cab 4X4. I have been to the dealer for any updates on the computer, but I am wondering about which gas to use. I generally use the lowest octane because of lowest price...
  5. Gas mileage

There has probably been a lot of threads started about this, but here goes another. I took my first trip in my 09 Ranger 4x4 yesterday. It is a 4 litre automatic 4X4. Drove from PEI to Halifax NS, all highway miles and left with a full tank. The Transport Canada rating is 11.3 litres per...
  6. 09 Ranger towing questions.

I have towed before but not with a Ranger. My truck is a used 09 Ranger XLT, 4 litre V-6, automatic, extended cab 4X4. It had a class 3 trailer hitch on it, and when I checked with Ford they said it is a factory installed hitch. On the hitch is says a weight distributing hitch setup will...
  7. 01-09 Fender interchangability question

I am repairing a damaged 09 Ranger that needs a new left front fender. [no fender flares] I have a new one in stock for an 03 but it is a different part number than the replacement one for an 09. However the 03 fender looks identicle. Does anyone know what the differences are? thanks in...
  8. I need a boot

I am repairing an 09 Ranger 4X4. I need a CV joint boot for the front driveshaft that runs from the transfer case to the front differential. The boot is located near the transfer case and covers the CV joint at the rear of this driveshaft. I cannot buy this from Ford as they say it comes...
  9. Timing chain cover interchange question - 2009 4 litre

I am repairing an 09 ranger 4X4 with a 4 litre V-6 engine. The truck was hit in the center front and the waterpump shaft broke through the timing cover. My question is which years of timing covers interchange with this 09? The part number [casting number] on mine is 1L2E-6059-A4A. Thanks...
  10. Help me pick the right cordless phone

I have a workshop located not more than 100 feet from the house. I used a dual phone setup whereby I could leave one phone in the wshop sitting in a recharging cradle. It was a Panasonic 2.4 GHz. [TG2700] I wanted a bit more range and a third phone for another room in the house so I asked...
  11. What year did the anti-theft system start?

On which year of Ranger did Ford start using the anti-theft system? You know, the system with the blinky light on the dash. A local mechanic needs to know.
  12. Need help with a code......

On an 05 4 cylinder standard. On the SRS system we have a code 46. What is that? Thanks in advance.
  13. DRL problems {daytime running lights -- Canadian]

I searched tech but didn't find anything. In Canada we have daytime running lights. On a customer's 99 Ranger the DRL stopped working. Can anyone direct me to the control module location or help withsome troubleshooting. Thanks in advance.
  14. How do I bleed the clutch master cylinder on an 05

I searched for this but only found info for older models. I am repairing a damaged 05 4 cyl -5 speed truck and have replaced the clutch master cylinder. I filled the resivor and since I didn't see a bleeder valve anywhere, I simply pumped the pedal a number of times. No clutch slave cylinder...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad