• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. koochman450r

1996 SAS Doubler build

well a lot has changed since my last post. Cut the rear frame down about 10 inches, built a rear cage. Made a new front bumper, changed my core support. Poly cab mounts. I also got some tube doors. No pics of those yet.
  2. koochman450r

rear steer axle

also use a front dana 60 carrier so you can run 35 spline inners if you don't cut up a 60hd rear. All stock front 60's were 35 inners only select rears were. Use chevy or dodge knuckles because they are stronger than the ford front 60 knuckles. Thicker castings.
  3. koochman450r

1996 SAS Doubler build

Put all new stainless braided brake lines on the front end. Got good used shafts, replaced u joints to get it wheeling again. So I started addressing the interior. Pulled carpet out, cleaned floor up, put bedliner down, installed my race buckets and harnesses. No finished pic yet. Then I cut...
  4. koochman450r

1996 SAS Doubler build

got in a little pre trip flexing on my buddies geo.
  5. koochman450r

1996 SAS Doubler build

got my skid made, took it wheeling, broke a 30 shaft. Big surprise right:annoyed:
  6. koochman450r

1996 SAS Doubler build

So I started with a 1996 2wd 2.3l 5spd ranger. Clean, my sister bought it with 10k miles on it and we've had it ever since. She put a 6" lift on it and I drove it for a while then wanted to wheel it. So I got a tj dana 30 8.8 out of a 94 4x4 ranger welded it to a spool Trans from 89 2.3 ranger...
  7. koochman450r

reg cab doubler gas tank problem

I have a 96 reg cab short bed. The tank clears the case by about an inch, until I put in my speed sensor. It goes right into the tank. Anyone have luck heating the tank and massaging it a little to get clearance? I don't want to have to get a fuel cell if I don't have to. Any help would be...
  8. koochman450r

2.3L transmission ?'s

Will a 1988 trans from a 2.3 bolt to a 1996 2.3? As in bellhousing pattern and clutch/ flywheel compatibility? Any help would be appreciated. I can't search the forum on my phone so don't harass me too much. Thanks.
  9. koochman450r

New to forum

Hey guys, new to this forum but not off roading. I have aquired a few rangers over the years and they seem to stick. I have a 93 on 44's and rockwells(project) and my dd 96 2wd with 6" lift and 32's. Already found some good info. Always looking for more. Thanks, Randy.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad