• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. HareRazor

Should I get an amp?

I am thinking about purchasing an amp, but I don't know a whole lot about them. Currently I have Pioneer 6.5"s in the doors and behind the seats I have 1 Pioneer 6x9 and 1 Pioneer 6x8. The 6x9 is a TS-G950M. I hope to locate the 2nd 6x9 wherever it may be and make a box for that and get it in...
  2. HareRazor

Found out what was wrong with my truck

Well the past couple of years I have had a head gasket slowly leaking on my truck. It was getting to the point that the bottom end was getting kind of noisy and it was not firing on all cylinders until it ran for about 10 minutes. I had started fitting a v8 in it until I came across a 3.0 with...
  3. HareRazor

91 Ranger 302 swap maybe

I have a 91 Ranger 2wd with a 3.0 v6 and M5r1. My 3.0 was dieing so I pulled it and the tranny out. I have a 302 out of a 90 crown vic sitting in the garage and I noticed that the 2 connectors on the drivers side of my Ranger that the 3.0 engine harness plugs into matches the connectors on the...
  4. HareRazor

130 amp 3G alternator swap was a success

Over the weekend I installed a 3g alternator from a 94 V6 Mustang into my 91 3.0 Ranger. I believe any 3g alternator with a 7" pivot mount should work. It bolted in without any modification to the brackets. The plug from my truck that goes into the voltage regulator plugged right into the new...
  5. HareRazor

Won't go into first or second

I just purchased a 94 Ford Ranger 2wd 5 speed, and it won't go into first or second with neither the engine on or off. It will go into 3rd,4th, 5th and R fine. I pulled the shifter out and the bushings are non existent, so thinking that was part of the problem I tried to shift it with just a...
  6. HareRazor

LMC truck is stressing me out

I ordered some parts from them at about 1:00 pm today and noticed that it kept changing my address from Ohio to Georgia and the street number from 111 to 403. I finally got it to stick after reentering it in about 5 times. I clicked the submit button and it tells me it's shipping it to Georgia...
  7. HareRazor

Air conditioning Condensors and compressors

I have been thinking about fixing the A/C in my truck(91 Ranger 3.0). It was empty when I got it in 2005 so I took it to a shop and had it converted to R134a and sucked down and charged. The shop said it wouldn't hold a vacuum and they couldn't find the leak their UV dye either. It did end up...
  8. HareRazor

ODB2 code reader

Just wondering if anybody knows of a code reader that will read ABS codes and hopefully cycle gm antilock brakes. I am not against one that is just USB directly into a laptop. I replaced a brake line on a 2000 Grand prix this week and bled the brakes and ever since there is a ABS light and the...
  9. HareRazor

does this truck exist?

I am thinking about getting a fullsize truck as towing anything kind of large with a ranger could be scary. I was thinking about a f150 with the 300 6, 5 speed, 4x4 and extended cab. I haven't found one that has all those features yet, so I'm not quite sure if Ford ever made such a thing?
  10. HareRazor

my 1966 Mustang (not a RBV) Lots of pictures!!

Here's some pics of my 1966 Mustang that I've been restoring. It needs floor supports, drivers side front frame rail, quarter panels, wheel houses and hopefully fuel injection. I have the passenger side floor pan welded in, and I about have frame rail in.
  11. HareRazor

Windstar overdrive blinking light

I have a 1996 Windstar minivan that last week the overdrive light all of a sudden started blinking. As soon as I start it up it starts blinking. If I put it in drive and go it takes off in 2nd, but if i put it down to 1 it drives in 1 fine. It seems to shift fine other than the starting in...
  12. HareRazor

Not running very well at or near WOT

I have a 91 Ford Ranger with the 3.0 5speed. When I push on the gas pedal near or close to WOT. It starts running poorly. I have also started the truck up and had it run like that until it warms up, then it seems fine. I replaced the fuel filter and I thought that might have made a little...
  13. HareRazor

Windstar minivan intermittent problems

I am going to pickup a new(to me) 99 Windstar minivan and sell my 96 Windstar. So I need to get this problem fixed before it goes. When driving sometimes the check engine light starts blinking and the engine starts misfiring. I bought a check engine light tester a few weeks ago and ran the codes...
  14. HareRazor

Hitch compatibility

Just wondering what years of rangers all take the same hitch. I am going to go junk yard surfing for one. How are those cheap walmart adjustable ones?
  15. HareRazor

Taurus motor in Windstar

I am purchasing a 96 Windstar with a 3.8 that needs head gaskets, but I found a low mileage 93 Taurus motor also with a 3.8. Can I just pull all the accessories and stuff off of the taurus motor and bolt onto the Windstar? Also, which way does the engine come out of the Windstar? top or bottom?
  16. HareRazor

Clutch switch

I did the auto to manual swap a while back and I never hooked up the clutch switch. I don't have the clutch switch and I finally found the wiring for it tucked up beside the firewall. Can I just unplug the jumper and plug it straight into the clutch switch or is there extra wires that I need to...
  17. HareRazor

Morning adventure......

I spent this morning with a couple of relays to make my Bronco II's radio stay on after the key is pulled and until the door is open. Here's the link: http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#drto It's pretty neat and so far I enjoy it. The only thing I found different was that my door switch...
  18. HareRazor

Cruise Control

I have a 91 Ranger 2wd 3.0 which was originally an automatic. I have done the M5OD-R1 swap and my cruise control doesn't work like I figured. I was just wondering if anyone knew what I have to do to make it work. The only thing i have tried is start up the truck, unsplice the 2 wires to make it...
  19. HareRazor

Taurus Wheel Bolt Pattern

So my girlfriend has been complaining that her car has been shaking for probably a month now(she doesn't drive anywhere hardly) and I determined it has a bad tire as the tread is kind of crooked. Does the Taurus share the same bolt pattern as a Ranger wheel? 4.5x5? It's a 95 Taurus with 15"...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad