• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Blown

Got a New Project, Parting Ranger

I picked-up a 2000 Explorer with 5.0 It had a bad fender and hood but only 128k on the clock. I was able to fit the Ranger Edge front end on the Explorer. It needs work but it's all on and driveable. I plan on remounting the bumper, it's low and the Edge fenders don't match the doors. I...
  2. Blown

My Rig is Getting a Refurbished Engine

Two weeks without her and it will likely be another week.:shok:Bumming rides suck after a bit :shok: (I almost need the whaaaaaambulance!:bawling:) The timing chain rattled-on at idle and up in RPM a bit, compression test revealed that number 3 was down 30lbs (It came back up with oil (Rings...
  3. Blown

Tuning Sub Forum?

I think a tuning sub-forum would be of use in the "Engine and Transmissions" section. I can help with my knowledge of the Tweecer. http://www.tweecer.com/ Perhaps someone can step forward who is familiar with the Moate's system??? https://www.moates.net/ Perhaps someone can step forward who...
  4. Blown

Tuning Transmission to My Build

I be a Tweecer tuner.:icon_twisted: My boosted 4.0 makes more power and I am taking better advantage of it with my 5R55E tranny tune. This is what I did: Performance It shifts quicker and firmer from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd during hard acceleration. Shifts at higher speed/RPM during...
  5. Blown

Tweecer Tune

Thought I would share a few things you can tune with a Tweecer. In this case more fuel + more air(boost)= more power. I also thought it might be interesting to you to see what stock open loop fuel is. Timing comparison: 1-2 shift schedule:
  6. Blown

How Much Power is Too Much for Running Gear?

I am sure some of you V8 guys have built-up some good power numbers as well as Turbo and Blown rigs. I hope this will help answer questions for builders. I have been researching to see if my rig would hold-up to 10lbs of boost with a rebuild, heads, cam and headers..............265hp/300ftlbs...
  7. Blown

Tinted Rims

My rig is black and tinted, over time I removed the Edge and 4X4 stickers, used plasti-coat to black-out the emblems, restore grayed-out door/tailgate handles, and rear bumper, covered and blacked-out the grill and recently tinted the ford emblem on the front. I like it and it got me thinking...
  8. Blown

Knuckle Under Tie Rod flip TTB Axles

I rocked TTB for a bit with an FSB/6" lift. I did a tie rod flip. My argument for the Tie Rod Flip is that it not only helps align the drag link and tie rod with the axle, but it also gets them up out of the way and is less expensive than a new drop pitman arm. I believe it to be a better way...
  9. Blown

Bed Rug Matt

I have ordered a bed rug. They are on sale now $159 with free shipping, usually a little over $200. It is custom fit to the bed floor to fit in the grooves and level the bed making a good flat and protective surface. I will add to this post and review when I get it. Anyone else try these?
  10. Blown

Console Done Now a Matching Subwoofer

Console here: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169078 I got some 5/8" particle board, had matching carpet to wrap it in and finally got around to boxing-up my 8" Explorer sub-woofer. I made it to go in the center behind and in between the seats in order to maintain...
  11. Blown

Made a Center Console

I got the 60/40 split buckets, wanted some more space to put things, and to bring the cup holders up higher. I used wafer board, glue, screws, spray adhesive, light weight carpet, and cup holders/tray from Pep Boys. Teh little square thing is a magnet mount to hold my cell phone. This is what...
  12. Blown

Used Can Opener on Ranger

I cut the back of the cab out and the front of the bed/shell. I will get up some pics soon, easier than trying to describe what I did. I trimmed-up the openings to match each other so a good rubber acordian boot would fit and seal well. Now it needs an inner trim boot and more work to make...
  13. Blown

Variable Boost Superchargers Are Coming

Imagine maximizing mileage or power. Awesomeness!!! So far these are preprogrammed, but soon they will be run by the engines computer. That means the computer would be able to tune the boost on the fly based upon RPM, Load, etc. I find it very interesting and I think they will give turbo's a...
  14. Blown

Ranger Role Changes in My Family

Yup so I played a bit with some little Aeromods, removed weight and got 18mpg at 80-mph at altitude in the Colorado Mtns across I70, yay! I think I picked-up about 1mpg. We parted-out our camping vehicle, an 01 Exploder and the truck just got a camper shell. So I added the weight of the shell...
  15. Blown

4.0 SOHC Off Road "Y" Pipe with Legal High Flow Cat or Cats???

I currently am running my own cat back with turn down before the rear axle. I cut the pipe off behind the cat and added a 2.5" pipe with 2.5" small welded chamber muffler. I know that helped flow considerably as the pipe behind the last cat used to keck-down to 2". I did a quick...
  16. Blown

Nice Ride

:icon_twisted::icon_twisted: Stealing everything I can use off the Ex! (Parting-out old Explorer Limited.) Installed the subwoofer on Saturday, now I got my bass back. I removed and installed the rear air shocks yesterday. I pulled a main leaf and added one about a foot long and one about...
  17. Blown

Explorer stuff too Ranger, Front diff. and rear axle to Ranger?

I know I can swap the rear axle in with changing the axle perches and the shock mounts:icon_welder:. I Got 4.10s now and only running 265/70's. The swap to 3.73 would seem to help mileage a bit and it has plenty of power. That would get me rear disk brakes and 3.73 gearing, but will the front...
  18. Blown

Wife gets Edge, I get my choice V8 Explorer or Ranger?X

My lady got her choice in an 08 AWD Edge. It is nice and I am glad to get it for her. I am in a quandery, I can only keep one, darn. We got some upcoming expenses and we could use a few thousand bucks. I like my Ranger, but I can sell it for more than the Explorer. It is my AWD Ranger...
  19. Blown

Hose Clamps to Balance Drive Shaft

:icon_twisted: Just crazy to me to see this work. I heard of it and finally tried it. It's similar to balancing tires with beads/BB's or Centramatic wheel balancers. I also found drive shaft balancers made similar to the Centramatics. I placed two identicle hose claps on the driveshaft end...
  20. Blown

Swap Dana 28 E4wd to 2001 Ranger Edge 4X4

I thought I would start a thread here, will help me organize and it might help someone else. I am going to try and swap-in a Ford Aerostar Dana 28 Tranfer Case. I want AWD, do not need 4lo, and should still have the ability to lock the transfer case for really slippery or deeper stuff. My...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad