• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dirmaid

4.0 SOHC Injector Conversion

Ok, so I've been researching how to move to a larger injector for power adder purposes, but theres really not a lot of info out there on what it takes to do the swap. So I went ahead and torn down my fuel system to see what's what. Flow Rate: Ford classifies the SOHC injectors as a rather low...
  2. Dirmaid

5R55E Torque converters

Ok so I know that the 4.0 with the 5R55E has a 2500-3000 RPM stall torque converter from the factory, which in my opinion is slightly high for a stock vehicle but I'm not complaining. The question here is, why does every replacement converter say 'Low Stall" on it? I definitely would not call a...
  3. Dirmaid

Sway Bar Breaking ABS Sensor

Ok guys, I figured I could get this done on my own, but I'm tired of replacing ABS sensors. I've got a DJM 2/3 kit on my 01 Ranger (Auto RWD with 4.0), rear shackle is on the inner hole and the front bump stops are pancakes so I'm sitting around 3/4. I bolted on a BII rear sway bar and at first...
  4. Dirmaid

Rubbing inner fender plastic

Hey guys, I've been gone a while thanks to school. But now that I'm back, I'm sitting a little bit lower. ~3/4 inches lower to be precise. I'm running DJM drop springs with pancake bump stops in the front and a flip kit on the inner hole and my helper springs loosened a little to get it to sit...
  5. Dirmaid

Found an old Hart Sub

I have an old Hart Professional 12 inch square sub with a broken lead. It has 2 sets of positive/negative connections and the broken one is one of the grounds. I want to use it, but theres not enough lead to solder back to where it broke off. Would I be able to use it only half hooked up? Or...
  6. Dirmaid

Steering wheel swap

Hey guys, I have yet another obscure question that probably will never get answered. The steering wheel in my 01 Ranger is pretty much falling apart. I was looking at replacing it, but figured while I was there lets try and upgrade it. I was thinking about swapping in an 05-09 mustang wheel or...
  7. Dirmaid

Project Mini VelociRaptor

Got the itch a while back to do something stupid, so I put the Volcano S30 under the knife :icon_welder: Excuse the dirt, I had to test it before I posted it :icon_twisted: Removal of old SH .18 and single speed transmission Arrival of the new nVision NVB521 (basically a rebranded Team...
  8. Dirmaid

Problem relearning fuel tables?

Ok, the other day I performed a tune up on my 01 ranger and since I have a remote start system I pulled the battery leads while I worked. When I hooked them back up, it cranked fine but idled a bit high (1100). Not really the issue but felt as if i should say it. I went for a test drive and all...
  9. Dirmaid

The Piston Killer

I've been wondering for a while now, what actually destroys a piston in a FI system? Is it cylinder pressures, heat or what? I know running lean will eat up an engine, i'm talking about a properly tuned engine. I guess what set off this thought was reading posts about max boost before problems...
  10. Dirmaid

Tranny Conversions

We all know that the newer ranger trannies become pieces of abstract art in most high power situations, right? I'm no expert on transmissions, but I do know many people love their 4.0 SOHC engines, and it is just sad that we have to leave this platform due to the weak link that sits behind it. I...
  11. Dirmaid

Extending remote start range

I have a bully dog remote start system and i absolutely LOVE having it. Only problem is the range on the thing sucks. For example, i have to be within 10 steps of the truck to crank it and that sort of defeats the purpose of the unit. i was thinking about disconnecting my radio antenna (ipod...
  12. Dirmaid

Port n Polish junkyard heads

Port n Polish junkyard heads (And other head questions) I'm considering running to the junkyard nearby and pulling a set of 4.0l SOHC heads/upper/lower intake so I can port n polish in my free time and still have a running vehicle if I screw up Have y'all ever heard of junkyards takings major...
  13. Dirmaid

Rotor diameter questions

I've been wanting to upgrade my brakes for the track for a while now. With the brakes floored I find that I've been walking through them on the line when stalling around 2100 rpm, and then when I slow down from the 90mph run the whole truck sorta shakes. That's not the question though...
  14. Dirmaid

Nitro Mustang 4x4

Got a little stupid over the weekend and found out the body off of my electric 67 stang fits on my nitro volcano s30. Begin phase one of Mustang 4x4! Test fitting: Decided a proper mustang needs a working hood scoop for those straight aways, so I fashioned one out of body filler. Had to take...
  15. Dirmaid

MBRP Catback w/ turndown

I bought the mbrp catback for my 4.0 sohc. Pros: not extremely loud, but the truck means business now ease of install was rediculously simple. they provide everything you need plus a sticker looks very nice if you get the stainless steel Doesnt drone in the cab Not ricey for a V6 cons: may...
  16. Dirmaid

Odd tire wear on back tire

I have Goodyear Wrangler's on my 01 Ranger, and I noticed some odd wear patterns on the rear passenger tire. I have maybe a maximum of 1/4 inch of tread left on the inside, and quite a bit more tread on the outside. It looks like i've been running them over-inflated, but I have been running...
  17. Dirmaid

Kermit Street and Strip

2001 Ranger XLT that I call Kermit. It's a decently mild street truck that I commute with every day so until I get another DD, extreme won't exactly be part of this truck. Still mulling around big block swap or forced induction, but that won't be until I'm out of the college life. Where I'm at...
  18. Dirmaid

How Much Pressure is too much pressure?

I am driving an 01 Ranger with the 5r55e tranny, and I am tuning for more power. The only real question I have is how much shift pressure is too much? I'd hate to be halfway down the track and it shifts so hard it breaks stuff. Is this a realistic concern? I wish I could say how many psi over...
  19. Dirmaid

Building a Tune

I recently got a new Sniper Special Forces tuner (which is rediculously epic) and I'm trying to build a 93 octane race tune. I don't care about gas mileage, jut safe power gains. Before you ask, yes I can modify the spark advance and global fuel, the afr, everything like that. I'm running the...
  20. Dirmaid

Turbo Kermit

Alright guys, I got the turbo in and I'm waiting on some other parts to trickle in to turbocharge my 2001 4.0 Ranger. :icon_welder: Info on the build so far: GT-45 Turbo JDM 38mm Wastegate JDM BOV JDM Intercooler Special Forces Tuning software Dropped in a L/S differential from a Mustang...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad