• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dirmaid

4.0 SOHC Injector Conversion

Ok, so I've been researching how to move to a larger injector for power adder purposes, but theres really not a lot of info out there on what it takes to do the swap. So I went ahead and torn down my fuel system to see what's what. Flow Rate: Ford classifies the SOHC injectors as a rather low...
  2. Dirmaid

Sway Bar Breaking ABS Sensor

I'm pretty sure it's the same geometry. I thought about doing that, but I wasn't completely sure about it. I'll have to give that a shot when I put the truck up on the rack to drop the tranny for a rebuild. Did you drop the tank to do your drilling?
  3. Dirmaid

5R55E Torque converters

Ok so I know that the 4.0 with the 5R55E has a 2500-3000 RPM stall torque converter from the factory, which in my opinion is slightly high for a stock vehicle but I'm not complaining. The question here is, why does every replacement converter say 'Low Stall" on it? I definitely would not call a...
  4. Dirmaid

Sway Bar Breaking ABS Sensor

Ok guys, I figured I could get this done on my own, but I'm tired of replacing ABS sensors. I've got a DJM 2/3 kit on my 01 Ranger (Auto RWD with 4.0), rear shackle is on the inner hole and the front bump stops are pancakes so I'm sitting around 3/4. I bolted on a BII rear sway bar and at first...
  5. Dirmaid

Are DJM uppers really necissary???

It seems I gave you bad numbers, I went in with 5 degrees off. I have the spec sheet in front of me now and seems I'm maxed out at 1 degree either side
  6. Dirmaid

Are DJM uppers really necissary???

Yeah, you'll need them for sure. My truck is only dropped 3 inches in the front with springs and low profile bumpstops. With the caster/camber kit it is maxed out and still has 5 degrees of camber in either tire. Also the caster is slightly off. If you don't get them with that much of a drop...
  7. Dirmaid

Rubbing inner fender plastic

Alright, forgot to post the numbers last night. It was a long day :black_eye: And I managed to score the BII swaybar thanks to pure luck. It was the only BII in the yard and was pretty much completely stripped when I got to it. But after putting it on (and replacing the rear speed sensor I...
  8. Dirmaid

Not really sure why ya'll keep talking about hitting bumps, it's just when I'm on flat ground in a straight line :D. The alignment report didn't show that the back axle was skewed much, I'll post the numbers when I get home. And I triple checked everything when I was putting it together, but...
  9. Dirmaid

Didn't think about the sidewalls flexing. Just went outside and rocked it side to side and I get a good bit of travel from just the tires themselves. I may actually go grab my buddies tires now just to see if that's what's causing it. And I just loosened the u bolts that hold on the overloads a...
  10. Dirmaid

I replaced them with the ones that djm sends out with the kit Also the ride isn't all that bad, it's just that pull with straight line acceleration that's bugging me the most right now
  11. Dirmaid

so there wasn't exactly a measurable difference between the 2 sides in the driveway. I'll head to the junkyard to hopefully pick up a BII sway bar Tuesday and see if that helps. Well I'm sure it will help, but maybe not this particular problem...:icon_thumby: I do have a mustang l/s diff...
  12. Dirmaid

I checked everything this morning and it all seems to be pretty tight. i have a bit of play in the driver side axle shaft, but its only 1/16th inch so I doubt that's the issue. I think ill enlist my buddy's help to measure the wheel creep with it stalled up in the driveway. I'll keep yall posted...
  13. Dirmaid

Didn't realize there was metal on the other side of that. Eesh, yeah i see what you mean there. So what the general consensus seems to be is that I need to steal the AM wheel combo off of my friend's mustang so I don't need to do metal work. Now to distract him long enough to swap them out...
  14. Dirmaid

i was thinking about just moving the inner fender up away from the tire, but i have no idea how it is attached or how i would reattach it at a different distance. the driver side has way too much stuff in the way to get a good look at what that would entail. I've though about taking them off but...
  15. Dirmaid

Wheel/tire Thread

2" DJM springs & flip kit on the inner shackle holes, sits at about a 3/4 drop 235/75/15
  16. Dirmaid

Hey guys, I've been gone a while thanks to school. But now that I'm back, I'm sitting a little bit lower. ~3/4 inches lower to be precise. I'm running DJM drop springs with pancake bump stops in the front and a flip kit on the inner hole and my helper springs loosened a little to get it to sit...
  17. Dirmaid

Found an old Hart Sub

I have an old Hart Professional 12 inch square sub with a broken lead. It has 2 sets of positive/negative connections and the broken one is one of the grounds. I want to use it, but theres not enough lead to solder back to where it broke off. Would I be able to use it only half hooked up? Or...
  18. Dirmaid

Steering wheel swap

Hey guys, I have yet another obscure question that probably will never get answered. The steering wheel in my 01 Ranger is pretty much falling apart. I was looking at replacing it, but figured while I was there lets try and upgrade it. I was thinking about swapping in an 05-09 mustang wheel or...
  19. Dirmaid

Project Mini VelociRaptor

Got the itch a while back to do something stupid, so I put the Volcano S30 under the knife :icon_welder: Excuse the dirt, I had to test it before I posted it :icon_twisted: Removal of old SH .18 and single speed transmission Arrival of the new nVision NVB521 (basically a rebranded Team...
  20. Dirmaid

Problem relearning fuel tables?

Ok, the other day I performed a tune up on my 01 ranger and since I have a remote start system I pulled the battery leads while I worked. When I hooked them back up, it cranked fine but idled a bit high (1100). Not really the issue but felt as if i should say it. I went for a test drive and all...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad