• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. explorer overheard

i read the post about the overhead console aand want to add it to my 92 ranger. the question i have is if the MPG part will work on a 92 2.3 (does it have VSS sensor??) will the hookup be the same as the tech article????
  2. crusing with a 5speed

will cruise control work with a 5 speed manual tranny???? i drive alot of miles and have a free tilt column with cruise that i can put in as well as the cruise components but was wondering about the manual tranny aspect???
  3. speed sensor??

does the 92 2.3 ranger 5speed have a Vss speed sensor?? i want to add the explorer overhead that is in the tech library but mainly want it for the MPG componet.
  4. gass sucking codes..........

hey everyone, 92 ranger 2.3 with 5 speed,67,000 miles i'm getting about 17mpg. its running fine with no problems except horible milage. and today i pulled the codes from the computer and this is what i got. code 157 MAF sensor Below minium voltage 172 HEGO sensor indicates lean condition...
  5. the Cat is choking????

i have a 92 ranger with 2.3, 8 plug head, and am getting really poor mileage. instead of getting 25-28 on the highway i'm only getting 17-18mpg. someone suggested that the Cat or egr valve is clogged up. i know i can remove the EGR and clean it up but what about the cat and how can i tell if the...
  6. Dream seats

i have a 92 extended cab and need some seats for it. my friend works at a wrecking yard and can get me seats from a jag to a explorer to a cadillac to 2005-2010 rangers/explorers my question is if you had a choice of seats what would you choose?? the seats have to fit . also for bolt in...
  7. Fuel pump bypass

i just got this truck and it wouldnt start. if i spray starting fluid into the throttle body it will run for a second. the fuel pump is working. when i pushed the shrader valve i had pressure but the fuel seems like it had qalot of water in it i want to drain a half tank of fuel can i bypass...
  8. Fuel pump bypass

i just got this truck and it wouldnt start. if i spray starting fluid into the throttle body it will run for a second. the fuel pump is working. when i pushed the shrader valve i had pressure but the fuel seems like it had qalot of water in it i want to drain a half tank of fuel can i bypass...
  9. drowning in water

i bought a 92 ranger with a 2.3 2wd.. when i tried to start it it just cranks and wont start . it does have spark. if i spray some starter fluid it will run for a second or two the gas tank is showing half full and the truck has sat for about 4 months i can hear the fuel pump and when i pushed...
  10. Good Information site

here is a link to a good site for computer information and software recomendations. it is run by the Tech school here in TN that teaches computers/networking and has a lot of articles and solutions. hope you enjoy it!!! http://ttcshelbyville.wordpress.com/ Buddha
  11. What Fits

i have a 92 XLt and the bed is crunched on the drivers side corner. i need to know what beds will interchange. i measured the bed on my XLT and my 88standard cab and they were the same length.about 75 1/2" so can i use any ranger bed to swap it with or is there mounting problems. what about...
  12. Bearings???

I've read alot of the older posts about the 2.9 oiling problems including the tech article with the rockers. if i rebuild this engine is there any TSB's or upgraded bearings that are used to improve this problem?? i did see something about groved cam bearings listed in a rebuild kit from...
  13. clutch install help

i have an 88 ranger with a 2.9 and 5spd. i removed the transmission, replaced the clutch and am trying to reinstall the tranny. my problem is i cant seem to get the tranny ligned up for the last inch. i'm gussing that this is the pilot bushing holding me back??? i got a log bolt started in 1...
  14. replace clutch

how long should it take to replace a clutch in an 88 4wd ranger with 2.9 engine. the clutch is slipping in 4th and 5th gear and i am planning on selling it cheap. what is the down side of not replacing the pressure plate or having the flywheel machined???? the truck runs ok as i drive it...
  15. 92 bed swap

i have a 92 ranger extended cab that needs the bed replaced. what year and model ranger beds will interchange????
  16. 2.3>>> 2.5 interchange

can i swap a 2.5 into a 92 ranger with a 2.3???? is there site that list parts interchange for engine and body parts???
  17. clutch swap/ rear main seal

two questions: my clutch is slipping when cold and probally not long for this world. i am considering replacing it and wanted to know how long this should take?? its a 88 2.9 4wd ranger with 84k or 184k milage i am using alot of oil but not seeing any smoke or oil on the ground. driving...
  18. 92 ranger 4cyl no key

how hard /expensive is it to replace the ignition switch on a 92 ranger. i have a great deal on one but the key for it was lost. is it easier to have it rekeyed by a locksmith or just take it apart and replace the tumbler?????
  19. 2.9 rebuild or not???

i have an 88 ranger with a 2.9 . the engine conusmes about 1 qt of oil every 200 miles but i am not seeing any puddles or blowing smoke. the clutch is starting to slip,the oil pressure is low and it sounds like a sewing machine most of the time. power is weak on the hills as well. i'm not...
  20. which truck to choose???

6 or 4cyl??? i have a 88 4wd ranger with a 2.9 thats getting worn out clutch slipping and 1 qt per tank oil leak. but gets 19mpg and sounds like a sewing machine the 2.9 has a very good hitch and topper but will need a rebuild but decent body i also have an offer for a 92 4cyl 2.3 extended...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad