• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. BRONCMAN

Rough running 2.9 in closed loop mode.

I know there are a ton of these threads, but rather than to discuss this in one of the other threads I figured I would post my own. So here it is. 1986 2.9 v6, 5 speed. Recently replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, MSD coil, o2 sensor, fuel pressure regulator, & fuel filter. When the truck is...
  2. BRONCMAN

Broncman's 86 Ranger 4x4 prerunner pics.

I've got this pics in my other "mod list suggestions" list, but figured they would be more appropriate here. I can't get the pics themselves to post, so here are links to my albums. The start of the build. http://therangerstation.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1571 Building 2...
  3. BRONCMAN

2011 Ranger questions...

Hello. I was looking at possibly purchasing a new ranger. I'm looking at a super cab 4x4 4.0. All I can find is 3.73 equipped trucks & I was hoping to find a 4.10 geared truck with a manual transmission as I do occasionally tow a 6x12 tandem axle enclosed trailer in the 3000 to 4000 lb range. I...
  4. BRONCMAN

Another SC3.8 into 86 2.9 4x4 thread!

I have been searching the site but cant find my answer. I can pick up a super charged 3.8 out of a 90 thunderbird for pretty cheap with 5 speed tranny. My main question is with this truck being a 4x4, can I change the transmission tailshaft to bolt to my t case?? If so is that transmission...
  5. BRONCMAN

86 Ranger Mod list suggestions..

Hello to TRS. Im Bill. I live up in Bonners Ferry, ID. Ive been reading a lot on here lately & really like the site :icon_thumby: but now finally joined. I recently purchased a 1986 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 regular cab 5 speed with the 2.9 V6. The truck has 94K miles on it. I bought it from a friend...
  6. BRONCMAN

AIR pump delete & EGR delete questions.

Hello guys. I just purchased an 86 Ranger 4x4 with the 2.9 V-6 in it. Next wednesday im flying down to Boise & getting to work on the truck, so I can drive it back up here in Bonners Ferry where I live. (about 550 mi). I bought the truck from a buddy of mine who bought it about 3 years ago from...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad