• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Buggyman

Mystery leak *pic*

Just replaced the head gaskets on this 2000 3.0, everything ran fine and noticed no leaks while running distilled water through the cooling system, I then added some Zerex flush solution and let it circulate for about 30 minutes then drained and flushed about 5 times with distilled water trying...
  2. Buggyman

Best antifreeze?

What is the best coolant for a 2000 v6 3.0? I have read good things about the Zerex G-05 and I believe I have used this years ago in this truck on a previous engine but want to make sure I am using the right coolant. I am flushing the system multiple times right now with distilled water before I...
  3. Buggyman

Christmas miracle, it started

I have been rebuilding the top end of my 2000 ranger with 3.0 for the past month, working mostly after the kids go to bed till 2 AM then to get up early the next day. Finally got it mostly finished the other night and completed a few odds and ends, added fluids and fired it up today. At first it...
  4. Buggyman

New radiator won't fit

I bought a cheaper radiator from Advanced auto and went to install it tonight and it won't fit. The new and old radiators are identical when compared side by side expect that it has attachments for an automatic transmission. If I remove the rubber foot from the support bracket then I can get it...
  5. Buggyman

Snapped head bolt!

I was installing passenger side head today and I was following the torque setting exactly and was on the final torque and the 4th bolt snapped off in the block:bawling:. I have no idea what went wrong, I tightened everything to 59 ft. lbs then backed every bolt off by one full rotation then...
  6. Buggyman

Where to find exhaust manifold bolts

I have nearly everything I need to bolt the heads back on my 2000 3.0. I snapped a few studs off into the heads when I removed the exhaust manifold, the shop was able to extract them without much trouble. Tomorrow is about the only day for the next two weeks that I have to work on this thing and...
  7. Buggyman

A few questions

Sorry to keep posting so many questions. I am about to put my 2000 3.0 flex fuel Vulcan back together. I pulled the heads and the machine shop is about finished, no cracks but the exhaust valves were trashed. Replacing the radiator, its full of sludge, along with most of the radiator hoses...
  8. Buggyman

Fuel injectors replace or clean?

I am replacing the head gaskets in my 2000 3.0 Flex fuel motor. Machine shop called and said the exhaust valve seats were trashed but the heads were not cracked and passed a pressure test. He is going to rebuild them. My question is what I should do with the fuel injectors, the lower intake...
  9. Buggyman

Upper and lower intakes, large amount of oil

Hey guys, Have a 2000 3.0 Flex fuel, heads are off at the machine shop and I am working on cleaning the gasket surfaces right now. I was wondering how much oil in the lower and upper intakes is normal? I know the bottom of the lower intake covers the top of the block but I have oil all up into...
  10. Buggyman

Finding year of manufacture on engine

I am needing to buy a set of head gaskets today and they have two different sets. My engine is a 2000 3.0 flex fuel, I bought it off a guy 5 years ago who did not have the body that it came out of, just the motor and tranny. At the store, they need to know if it was manufactured before or after...
  11. Buggyman

Head gaskets or something else?

I am working on pulling the heads off a 2000 3.0 Flex fuel motor I installed in my 1998 Ranger. My brother has driven it for the past few years and he installed a new water pump and started to have issues with it overheating, it reportedly overheated multiple times on him but he allowed it to...
  12. Buggyman

Power steering pump failure?

I have a 1998 ranger 4wd that has sat for over a year and I am now working on the heads. I was able to start it but only drove it on the driveway due to it not having insurance on it yet. The power steering pump made a very loud deep whining noise and pulsated very rapidly when trying to steer...
  13. Buggyman

Broken manifold bolts

Hey guys, Trying to tear down the top end of a 2000 3.0 Flex fuel motor. I am down to needing to get the exhaust manifold bolts out and they are rusted in tight, as expected. I snapped one bolt head off already, it felt like it was turning but just the bolt twisting off. What are my options for...
  14. Buggyman

Thermostat backwards?

Hey guys, My brother just gave me his 1998 Ranger back, I gave it to him about 5 years ago after I did a lot of work to it. He replaced the water pump and thermostat and then the truck started to overheat badly. We trailered it to my house after it sat for a year and I have it running again. I...
  15. Buggyman

Orange gunk

Hey guys, Have not posted here in years, I swapped the motor out of my ranger 5 years ago and posted a lot. I since gave the truck to my brother who drove it till that motor blew and now I have my truck back. The body is a 1998 Ranger that is in great shape aside from 300k miles. The motor...
  16. Buggyman

Front 4x4 shaft question...

Hey folks, I removed my front 4x4 shaft when I put a new motor in my 98' Ranger and I cannot get it back in for the life of me. When I took it out, all the ball bearings fell out and I have removed the cup they slide into and trying to reassemble it on the work bench so I am not working upside...
  17. Buggyman

CPS sensor help...

I am pretty sure my synchro is toast in my 2000 Ranger 3.0, I am getting squeaking sounds that sound like a bad bearing for one of the pulley's, but its not. Its located on the back side of the motor on the passenger side, and when I apply pressure to the CPS, the squeaking goes away till I...
  18. Buggyman

Tick-Tick

Just put a 2000 3.0 motor into my 98 Ranger and trying to fix a few annoying noises... Right now I am getting a squeak coming from my motor, it does it at idle and tends to change pitch with the RPM's of the motor. I have not had a chance to yank the serpentine belt off yet to see if its...
  19. Buggyman

Leaky manifold?

I just dropped a 2000 3.0 into my 98' ranger and kept all the original exhaust components from the motor to about three feet past the cats. I had one broken stud on the exhaust manifold when I installed the motor, I should have done something about it then, but didn't and figured it was all...
  20. Buggyman

Running Hot?

I just dropped a 2000 3.0 v6 flex fuel motor into my 98' Ranger, swapped the sensors and fuel injectors from my 98' 3.0 and its running great, plenty of power, no misses and the check engine light came on for an insufficient EGR valve after driving for 100 miles on the new motor, basically, I am...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad