• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. AZFX4

LED tail issue

So I recently installed some 6" oval LED tail lights on my rig along with a no load electronic flasher but I still cant get the turn signals to work. I have regular bulbs in the front signals. The hazards work fine just not turns. Any thoughts?
  2. AZFX4

91 Explorer 4.0 lower intake gasket

Whats the best lower intake manifold gasket for a 91 4.0? I have seen lots of articles on the 97 and up engines and most people say to get the Ford gaskets. Anyone have any experience with this?
  3. AZFX4

91 4.0 running rough when in gear

So I finished my 91 4.0 swap into my 90 bronco II the engine purrs like a kitten at idle and will rev pretty good, but when I drop it into gear it stutters and acts like it wants to stall. I have checked for vacuum leaks and have cleaned the IAC to no avail. It is also running very rich and has...
  4. AZFX4

CAI for 91 4.0???

Anyone know if a 1995 CAI for a 4.0 explorer will work on a 91? For some reason I dont see any of these for 91-94?
  5. AZFX4

Help me out here

Not getting much response on the TRS side. Im having some issues with the wiring on my 4.0 swap. My donor was a 91 explorer and my B2 is a 90. everything is hooked up but when I hook up the single wire from the alternator to the starter relay the battery starts cooking. From everything I have...
  6. AZFX4

Remote battery wiring

So I would like to mount my battery remotely behind the seat in my B2. I think I have all the positive wiring figured out. But what do I do with the negatives side. The wire from the post of the battery will go to the frame obviously but what about the two other wires that go from the battery...
  7. AZFX4

Alternator wiring

So Im buttoning up my 4.0 swap and I seem to be having an issue with the alternator wire. my 4.0 comes from a 91 explorer. There is a heavy wire that runs from the lug on the back of the alternator to the starter solenoid, at least thats what I thought but when I hook it there and then hook up...
  8. AZFX4

Help with my cooler idea?

So I was planning (possibly foolishly) To replace my stock tranny cooler with a B&M Super cooler and an electric fan. In the process of doing my 4.0 swap I jacked up all the damn hard lines going to the tranny cooler so I figured oh well ill just put in a remote cooler and fan and ill be good...
  9. AZFX4

Oil Cooler???

So Im in the process of swapping a 4.0 into my B2. I have decided to use an remote tranny cooler and electric fan for the trans. I am shopping around for a replacement radiator for the engine and notice that these all have the built in tranny cooler. Has anyone ever used this for an engine oil...
  10. AZFX4

Gut the A/C or not?

So I'm in the middle of my 4.0 swap in my 1990 b2, it has a chop top and will mostly be used for trail running. Ive been thinking about gutting the A/C system, but not sure if I want to. It's never had A/C so I don't think I would miss it. But it might be nice for the AZ summers. I don't know...
  11. AZFX4

Half doors from exploder onto B2?

So I have the donor explorer from my 4.0 swap. Anyone know if the doors will bolt up to a bronco II? Id like to make some half doors out of them.
  12. AZFX4

Torque converter question

So im in the middle of a 4.0 swap on my 1990 BII. When I pulled the engine from the explorer the torque converter stayed on the back of the engine instead of coming off with the trany. All the fluid in the T.C. has leaked out. Im about to put the engine into my bronco and need to know if I need...
  13. AZFX4

track loc...any good?

So I found a stock 85 track loc on Craigslist for 120$ I need a locker for my front full width HP 44 that I'm swapping into my B2. Any one have any experience with these? Are they any good off road?
  14. AZFX4

My FW 44 B2 Swap

Well here it is. I bought this B2 for 150$ about 2 years ago. I would say ive gotten my moneys worth. She was a good little wheeler in stock form but finally decided it was time to UPGRADE! Heres what she looked like before I got started.
  15. AZFX4

linear rate or variable rate coils?

So which is better? Linear or variable rate springs? I have heard both are better and both are worse anyone have thoughts on this?
  16. AZFX4

trac bar question?

For anyone who has done a SAS using radius arms I have a question about trac bar placement. I am in the process of mocking up my axle for my 90 B2. It looks to me like the trac bar would have to go below the engine cross member as opposed to in front of it. Any thoughts?
  17. AZFX4

What gears to use?

Ok so im in the middle of swapping a 4.0 into my 1990 B2 I will be using a stock auto tranny and stock transfer case. I will be running a full width dana 44 HP in the front and an 8.8 out back. I would like to run 35-37 inch tires. I am in need of new gears in both sets of axles. Any advice on...
  18. AZFX4

DANA 28/35 differences

So besides the obvious difference on the drivers side is there any difference on the passenger side? Can a D28 right side be used with a D35 left side?
  19. AZFX4

My 4.0 swap

Ok after a lot of research I have decided to tackle the 4.0 swap. I found a 91 explorer that runs with 95k on the odo. It is an auto and 4x4 so should be a perfect donor for my 1990 B2. Im also going to be doing an SAS to full width axles front and rear. Im going to try and document it...
  20. AZFX4

Fng

Hello all, I am a new member to this site. (not new to the site itself) I have owned my B2 for a few years now and am finally ready to give up the worn ouy 2.9 and step up to the 4.0 and full width axles, 44 front and either 9" or 8.8" rear. I have gathered a ton of info from this site but hope...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad