• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sbsrlewis

Special tools needed for 4.0 SOHC timing

Anyone have the tooling needed to do the timing chain on a 06 4.0 SOHC for sale or rent? Prefer to rent if possible. Steve
  2. sbsrlewis

Adding additional mount to support doubler

So looking to add an additional mount to support my doubler. The rear transfer case is a manual 1354 and it has the bosses for the big rubber donut (guess it's for vibration). Do you think those bosses would work if I added a plate off them to attach a mount then build a crossmember to attach...
  3. sbsrlewis

where to buy "domed" washers

Looking for "domed" washers like they put on beadlock bolts. Wanting to get some in a larger size to put on various bolt heads on the bottom side of my BII to protect them. Anyone know where I might find some? Steve
  4. sbsrlewis

Boxing BII frame hints or advise

I have a spare BII frame that I want to box and wanted to see if anyone had any hints or advise. I will say I don't know how to weld so a friend will be handling that part for me but I will be cutting the material and getting everything ready. I have read enough to know not to end the pieces...
  5. sbsrlewis

Clayton, OK 6-7 October

Sam's OffRoad is having their annual customer appreciation run October 6-7 at Clayton, OK. They are only registering the 1st 75 trucks so get signed up if you would like to wheel South East Oklahoma!! The event is held at 2 different private property parks. One is for any 4x4 and the other is...
  6. sbsrlewis

RABS light 89 BII

I have removed the RABS module and am now running rear disks. The ABS light on the dash is now on and I would like it off. Does anyone know which fuse is for the ABS? I looked in the operators manual but didn't see one. It did show a relay for it but when I removed it the light remained...
  7. sbsrlewis

Proportioning Valve ??

Do a 1989 BII have a Proportioning Valve? If so, where is it? Picture of it? Steve
  8. sbsrlewis

Master cylinder ?

I'm hoping I can get some guidance on my brake. Here's a brief histor that since the issue started. Last fall I bought and installed Dana 35 beams with Dana 44 Outers on my 89 BII. During the install I replaced the rotors, calipers and pads with new ones. After the install the brake pedal...
  9. sbsrlewis

Pics of my 1/2 door project

Here's a couple of teaser photos of the 1/2 doors I'm working on. The tubing you see in the doors is what I'm going to fit into the window channel to give them a more finished look. I'm going to use of metal to close the top of the door also. Once I get all the welding done I will post...
  10. sbsrlewis

New Bronco from ICON

Go to http://www.icon4x4.com/overview/coming-soon and look at the VERY EXPENSIVE Bronco coming soon!!! DAMN my pants are tight! Wish I had money for something like this. Steve
  11. sbsrlewis

HELP with locking hubs

I just put the dana 35 beams with 44 outers on my bronco II and when I installed the lock out hubs I spun the axles and they are not disengaging. Please tell me what I did wrong?? I bought the beams from 97TrailRigDD and it came with everything but the 3rd member. The lock outs are Selectro...
  12. sbsrlewis

Pics of installed ranger tailgate on my BII

Well here are the 1st pictures of my install. This install started out by 1st trimming roughly 3/16" off each side of the tailgate so it would fit. Next I took the latch pins off and installed the pins that the tailgate cables attach to into their holes. I then clipped the cables on...
  13. sbsrlewis

HELP! I screwed up n need advice.

I have 89 BII with 8.8 from 94 Explorer so it has the drum brakes. I recently purchased the rear complete rear brakes off a 99 Explorer to install. I also purchased the Yukon Super 88 Kit and when I install it I will be setting the wheel studs to the 5x5.5 pattern so now the rotors n calipers...
  14. sbsrlewis

Ranger tailgate on BII

I bought an 89 Ranger tailgate to put on my 89 BII last Friday and I noticed that it is just a little wider. I know I'm going to have to trim to fit but for those that has done it how did you measure for placement of the hinge pieces and the tailgate pivots on? Anything else that I need to...
  15. sbsrlewis

Explorer leafs on BII ? concerning shackles

For those of you that have put the explorer leafs on a BII did you use the BII shackle or the Explorer one? I started removing my worn and tired springs when I noticed that the BII shackles are shorter that the Explorer ones. Can I use the Ex ones? Will I get any extra lift from them?? Steve
  16. sbsrlewis

What doors fit 89 BII??

I searched but not finding the info I need. Looking to find out what Ranger doors will fit my 89 BII. Thanks. Steve
  17. sbsrlewis

My "custom" front suspension lift (lots of pics)

I have been driving my 89 BII on the stock (explorer coils) for years with James Duff (JD) extented radius arms while riding on 33"s. I would like to go to to bigger tires and knew the only way was to go up with suspension or cut the fenders more. I wanted to keep the center of gravity as low...
  18. sbsrlewis

Superlift ORV Park Memorial Day Event

I'm attending and should be arriving the evening of the 26th. Go to www.orvpark.com to learn more about it. They have trails from grocery getter to HOLY SH*T!!! Hope to see some of you guys there. I will be in the BII shown in my pic. Steve
  19. sbsrlewis

Teaser...

So I have been thinking that I would like to go from my 33's to some 35's or maybe even 37's so I got to thinking how I could do it. I currently was running 33's with only cut fenders and 1/2" coil spacers. I work part-time at O'Reilly's so I began researching the Moog coil spring catalog and...
  20. sbsrlewis

new vs. used Explorer leafs

I'm needing to replace the inverted stock leaf springs on my 89 BII and would like to use the leafs out of an Explorer to get an 1" or so of additional lift. Asking for a little advise here...should I just go with a used leaf pack out of the junk yard or spend the extra money and get some new...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad