• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Stangman

How many miles are on YOUR 4.0 SOHC?

Not sure if this has been a topic before, and if so I apologize. This has always been a great topic on the Mustang forums I'm on.. thought I'd bring it here too.. plus I havent posted in a while. I'll start... I have a 2004 Ranger FX4 Level II, and I'm at 269,5xx miles as of this morning...
  2. Stangman

Manual lumbar in my '04 FX4 lvl2 broke!!!

OK, I hopped in the truck this morning (2004 Ranger FX4 Level 2 w/ the highback buckets), and went to get comfortable in the seat and I heard an awful sound and my seat caved in. Turns out my manual lumbar adjustment had just shit the bed. So, I've already got back issues to make matters worse...
  3. Stangman

I need better fuel mileage from my '04.... suggestions?

Hi all, This may be a dumb or rhetorical question considering what my truck is..... but is there anything I can do to get my '04 FX4 level2 in to the low-mid 20mpg range?? I LOVE my truck.... but its eating me alive on fuel costs. I've already got a K&N filter (like that's a huge difference...
  4. Stangman

Leaking back window on an '04???

I've tried to do a search, but couldnt come up with any relevant information... Every time it rains for a few days, usually 3 or more. My back window leaks badly at the top. Has anyone else ever encountered this issue? Whats the fix? Friend of mine told me they just stuck the windows in w/o...
  5. Stangman

Best replacement shock absorber for the money?

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong spot. But I am looking for opinions for replacement shocks for my '04 Ranger FX4 level 2. Stocks were Bilstein's and they were great but its got 152,000 miles now, and is bouncy after bumps. I was thinking, either replacement Bilsteins if they aren't an...
  6. Stangman

Inner tie rod end removal? without the special tool?

I always thought there was a type of "Special" inner tie rod end removal tool out there that magically removed it for you and you could only get it from a tool truck (snap on, mac) But I was googling around, and found a youtube video of a guy changing an inner, and it was nothing more than what...
  7. Stangman

New guy...

Hi everyone, my name is Jesse, and I've got a black '04 Ranger FX4 Level 2. I picked it up in december of '09 with 59k on it, and it just hit 100k a couple weeks ago. I've actually got a serious drivetrain issue with it, and that's one of the main reasons I've joined up... plus I've heard a lot...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad