• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Truck shuts off

I have a 94 2.3 Ranger and on a cold start the truck shuts off and sometimes will have to be re-started 2-3 times before it will stay running. Also, if the truck is driven up to operating temperature and shut off it long cranks and idles up and down until you give it gas and run the RPM's up...
  2. My new ride (not a Ranger)

Well i finally broke down and bought my dream truck. Its a 08' F-150 4.6 4x4. Now the Ranger can become a project truck, and the F-150 is my new DD. What you all think?
  3. A/C Compressor Problem

Hello All, I have a weird problem, not sure how to go about fixing it, or if it is even a problem. Well here it is, no matter what setting the A/C switch or the selector slide is in, the Compressor is on. Is this common? Thanks for any help!
  4. Best Electric Fan

I want to switch to an electric fan on my 94 2.3 since the body lift doesn't let the mech fan sit center on the rad and the shroud broke I figured I can benefit more from the electric fan. What kind do you all use. I see some on summit but I don't know what CFM the 2.3 rad needs? Thanks for...
  5. My new purchase, 46cc Homelite

Picked this up today, have a lot of cutting to do so I figured buy my own saw and stop using my dad's that is on it's last leg. I was thinking I am probably the only 21 year old in this area excited to have a new chain saw. Almost got the 20 in, but figured 18 will be just fine. What you all...
  6. Help! Truck dies at startup

Hello all, Recently my truck has been dying as soon as I start it, but then it runs fine when I start it again. What would cause this, my dad seems to think it the air/idle motor, but before I go out and buy one I rather make sure I need one. Not sure if it is throwing any codes though, and...
  7. Best Riding Shocks

Hello all, Currently I have a 6 in Skyjacker kit on my truck, it came with the hydro7000 shocks, I am looking for something that will ride smoother, any suggestions? Thanks!
  8. Finally Broke the 100k mark

Well I have finally broke the 100k for my truck today. I bet that "1" couldn't wait to come out, only took 14 years haha. Just thought I'd share. :bye:
  9. 94 Spark Plugs

I just swapped my plugs with NGK spark plugs and ever since then it seems to be running worse, when the engine is under load, you can feel it stuttering. I replaced the coils and wires too, but I did the coils with the old wires and plugs and it ran fine, so all I can think of is the plugs, and...
  10. 1994 2.3 intake system

Hello all, I have an aftermarket intake for my truck, but I it seems like whenever I put it on, it hurts more than helps. I know the OBD I system isn't as excepting to new parts as an OBD II system, but is there a way that I can get a benefit from the intake, or am I just wasting my time? I...
  11. Does this quilify for off road?

EDIT: Whoops-qualify would be the correct spelling Took some poser shots at my g/f's farm the other day. If you look carefully you can see her haha New Gibson exhaust is noticeable in this one I would love to take it off road, but it has enough trouble on road, I have no idea how I would...
  12. White spark plugs!?

I just swapped out my plugs and the old ones were a little white. I know it isn't running hot as it hardly ever goes 1/4 over C on the temp gauge. Could it be running lean? I don't think it is since I use to think it was running rich due to the strong gas smell from the exhaust but I'm not...
  13. Picture Request! 3rd gen 31 in tires

Hey everyone, I currently have a 94 2wd 3rd gen Ranger with a 3 inch body lift and a 6 inch sky jacker lift. I have 33 in tires on it now, but was thinking to dropping it back down to 31 in tires. Does anyone have pics of a 2wd with about that much lift with 31 in tires. Or does anyone think...
  14. Good Wheel Cleaner?

The salt from winter has made my rims not so attractive. I was wondering what you all use to clean your wheels. I'm looking for something that I can spray on and scrub a little and get a lot the crap off. I have been using eagle one and mothers paste to buff them, but it seems like it is a...
  15. Good site for getting rims?

Hey everyone, I remember on the old site someone had a link for a really cheap place to get decent rims. I can't remember the link, but I tried Tire Rack and Discount Tire, but I just want 15x8 that won't rust easily or corrode like my current rims. Any ideas? Thanks
  16. 2.3 exhaust setup

Ever since I got my truck, it had a delta 40 1 in 2 out on it, and now it comes out right by the passenger door, well I ordered a new Gibson exhaust and cat for it to helpfully help gas mileage, but mainly for the noise. My question is, since the current exhaust has so many welds on it, I...
  17. Jumpy Speedo

After I had my 3 inch body lift put on, it seems like on cold days only, I hear a nasty grinding noise behind my speedo, and it jumps erratically from time to time. I checked the speedo cable, but its not tight and still has some play, what could cause this before I rip the dash apart. Thanks!
  18. Leaking Injectors?

I have a 94 2.3 with almost 98,000 miles on it. It smells like it is running rich, and my gas mileage is slowly getting worse. I have replaced the O2 sensor, air filter, plugs, and wires recently but my mileage has never gotten better. Could it be that my injectors are leaking? Would that...
  19. Fuel Injectors

Is there a way to test the fuel injectors to make sure they are working correctly?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad