• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tw205

Snap-on rocks.

Many years ago, I think late 80s, I was working for a dodge dealer turning wrenches. That's when I first invested in some quality tools from the local Snap-on dude. They have been of excellent quality and have served me well over the years of abuse I put them through. I have broken several of my...
  2. tw205

Occasional miss now idle issues.

95 ranger 4.0. You know the ones with OBDII a year early. Had a miss that would happen once in a while. I noticed it a idle. It would be lower than normal. It would clear up quickly, then run fine. I rescued this truck after setting a few years following some vandalism. Been driving it for a...
  3. tw205

Alice in wonderland

This is Alice My 85 Bronco II, 2.8 V6, A4LD trans, manual 4x4 and 3.73 LS stock axles. She had 4.10s from the factory but they’re on a different BII now. I posted on a thread earlier this year wondering about larger tires without lifting. Only fender trimming. She ain’t got nutin better to do...
  4. tw205

87 choptop.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1048097279858745/ Wish I had the extra cash. Looks like someone did a nice job on the Choptop.
  5. tw205

Behemoth elec to manual transfer case

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/387036990343386/ Figure someone could use this.
  6. tw205

Dirt road dirty

Y’all ever just give up tryin to keep it clean. When pullin out the drive creates a dirt cloud you gotta just shrug it off. Dirty Abby just can’t get right. 😂🤣 Life on a dirt road.
  7. tw205

Code 18 loss of tach signal SOLVED

I’ve been working on an old abandoned 85 BII 2.8. Got it running a rolling and started working on drivability. No CEL but I looked anyway. I got 21,31,54,83,84,87 and continues men 18.41,54,63. I got them narrowed down to the 18 and 63 in continuous mem. I’ve checked wire condition from the...
  8. tw205

Dana 35 axle shaft clearance issue.

I swapped the Dane 28 for the 35 in my 85 BII. It has a skyjacker 6”suspension lift. Was in build process so haven't driven it till now. Been testing all the new components and have run into an issue. Left axle beam pivot bolt is contacting right side axle shaft. Right side axle shaft is close...
  9. tw205

Early A4LD vs later

I’m reading that the early 84 and 85 A4LD has a single solenoid for torque converter lock up and 86 and on has the same but additionally has one for 3rd to 4th. Can the early version be used in a later vehicle with what I imagine would be a splice in the shift control connection. I’m not much on...
  10. tw205

2.0L ('83-'88) Desirability of 2.0 Lima

So I’ve got an old rusty ranger I’m using for parts. I have no need for the engine or the trans (5speed) but don’t know enough about the 2.0 to know if it’s still a desired engine. It still runs well and has no known issues. It’s my brothers old truck and he’s had it for 25 years. My question...
  11. tw205

Distractions.

In this modern world we exist in, with technology for our “convenance” when it comes to driving most tend to fill their ride with distractions or entertainment. The PoPo will extort you for using your phone while driving but manufacturers fill your ride full of everything from interactive maps...
  12. tw205

Sherrod Mojave.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/324530306631646/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post Do these Sherrod Mojave rigs have anything special or is it like a van conversion with wood door and dash trim pimped out?
  13. tw205

Topless Alma needs some ice cream.

So my brother has an old Ranger. 1985. 4 banger 5 speed. He’s had it since Christ was a child. She’s about as weight reduced as she can get and still stay molecularly in one piece. Another feller accidentally dropped a tree on it. Feeling guilty the guy offered to repair it until he discovered...
  14. tw205

How many is too many

I found another one. Grass has grown tall around her boys so I know she ain’t been eatin. Tied down beside the garage amongst other discarded frick and frack. Lookin lonely and forlorn. Waiting to be freed from her paddock to gallop on the dusty back roads of southern Michigan. Momma said I...
  15. tw205

I hate brakes on old rusty trucks

It never fails. Fix one rusty brake line and another springs a leak. I’ve got the nicest neighbor I could ever ask for. A little old man in his 70s. A farmer, construction worker and general handy man. Getting up in age he can’t do like he use to. He’s got an old gmc van rusted to hell. Been...
  16. tw205

Instrument cluster swap.

I have a 89 BII LX 2.9 5 speed. Truck has no factory tach. I found an 89 ranger xlt with factory tach. Can I simply swap in the cluster?
  17. tw205

Duraspark conversion.

So I’ve done two of these now and both run fine. I’m looking for input on some things I did to mine that were not mentioned in the tech section used when I took on these projects. When I did mine I chose to make my own wire harnesses as searching for an existing one proved futile. The first...
  18. tw205

Any courier fans or there

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/d/alto-1974-ford-couriers/7384280143.html
  19. tw205

Starter solenoid capabilities.

I got a 9000 Warn winch in barter for some labor. I’ve never had one so I’ve no knowledge of how they are generally wired in. I didn’t want it powered all the time so here’s what I did. I dug out an old starter solenoid and mounted it next to the one on the fender well. I then took a short...
  20. tw205

Rocker arm shaft stand

So I’ve got an old 85 BII with the 2.8 V6. I bought a short block off the interwebs that was “rebuilt”. Looked good, I had a good set of heads so I assembled it all and she runs well. A little ticky under load but I expect some with solid lifters. My issue is the baffles that go under the rocker...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad