• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tw205

Erratic high idle help, please!

I was afraid of that. 95 was a change to a plastic manifold. I may have been leading you in the wrong direction all along.
  2. tw205

I got a picture of the intake manifold from rockauto. I put a red arrow pointing at the EGR port. I will still throw up some pictures of mine in the morning. This is for a 95 ranger 4.0 so yours may be a completely different beast.
  3. tw205

I would think so, but if I said yes, someone would probably tell me I'm wrong , so I won't give a definative answer. Your profile says Washington. Is that State or DC? I'm assuming state and the eastern side if you don't have inspections. Last I lived out there in the 90s they has by yearly...
  4. tw205

When I look your truck and egr parts on rockauto they look the same as mine or at least very close.
  5. tw205

It will be on the driver side I can send a picture in the morning. I live in eastern time zone so it's a bit late here. If the PO removed all the egr equipment he had to seal the port with something. If yours is like mine.
  6. tw205

It's a steel tube about an inch in diameter. Easy to spot.
  7. tw205

EGR tube enters the intake manifold immediately after the throttle body. It's a steel tube from the exhaust ( exhaust gas recirculation) it enters on the bottom side of the manifold. My rig is a beater and I don't have state inspections so I pulled the tube out and put a rubber expansion bolt...
  8. tw205

All this atarted after the throttle body cleaner? If it's the same as my 95 4.0, the EGR tube enters the plenum immediately after the throttle body. The port for the tube has a rubber grommet that seals the tube to the plenum. That seal may have been sealed before you cleaned the throttle body...
  9. tw205

Anyone having issues with Fedex lately?

Diversity hires can't be expected to do the job.
  10. tw205

damn, I'm sleeping in the dog house again

I'm single and live alone. My place is the dog house. When my pussy starts bitching, I open a can of tuna and they shut the f@%$ up. 🤣
  11. tw205

2150 flooding bowl

The port supplying the bowl is governed by a needle attached to a float. If you haven't had it apart and it just started flooding on its own I would think there is an obstruction keeping the needle from seating when the float reaches its set level, or your float has a hole in it, or has...
  12. tw205

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Did some repair work to the front light, fender and bumper from hitting that impatient driver Friday night. Pushed the bumper back about 3" causing a tire rub on left turns. Cut off 3", no more rub. The shattered light assembly was a bit more work. The fiberglass was not repairable so I took...
  13. tw205

I have one around here somewhere. I reckon it's time I dig it out and put it in the truck.
  14. tw205

No shifts

Did you replace the trans? Does the clutch feel normal? Does it start in gear with the clutch in and not move the truck??
  15. tw205

Swirved and slid, but despite my efforts, tagged some impatient twit in her soccer mom suv who couldn't wait and turned in front of me. I creamed the left rear corner of her disposable POS. My beater with a heater broke a parking light, pealed the fender flare half off and punched a hole on the...
  16. tw205

1st generation Rangers considered classic/vintage?

Perspective! The last Boomer.
  17. tw205

Fix up/build thread for my '85 Ranger XLS

That's a nice truck! Not so much the red interior but over all, nice. Some folks never aquire an appreciation for the nostalgia of an old school rig. Modern thought being whatever mainstream dictates is cool, or whatever word they use now. Being original is so 90s.
  18. tw205

2.9l exhaust idea

Haven't seen or heard of one, although I'm sure someone has done it. Why, I don't know. There is no purpose, other than to say you have it. It will give no performance advantage, it will sound obnoxious, and waste the money you labor to aquire. If your rig needs exhaust, spend your money on...
  19. tw205

Just a wire brush. Although I live in the salt belt, it has low milage for a 40 year old .
  20. tw205

Finished pulling the 4.10 axle out of the retired 89. Put the 3.73 back in so I can still drive it around the yard, I hate pushing or pulling. Started cleaning up the 4.10 to pretty it up. My batteries can keep up, so I called it a day. I did the front axle a week ago. Weather permitting, I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad